Chapter 13

Peyton's POV:

We laid there liked that for awhile until it was time for her to go.

"You're mom's going to be home soon," she had said then. I wrote a note to my mom saying that I was going to a friends house and would be back soon. As I was driving Mackenzie home she had said,

"Peyton...We aren't going to end up like those couples that grow apart when the other gets famous, are we?"

"Of course not. I love you way too much to just lose you like that. No amount of fame or fans or money could EVER replace you. If I ever lost you I don't know what I would do. I would never see another girl again, I know that for sure. After you, there are no other girls. You're at the top and if I can't have you then I don't want anybody else because you're the only one for me. I love you so much and nothing can ever change that. We will never grow apart," I said.

She simply said, "Good." And then smiled and looked out of the window. As if on cue, our song started playing on the radio.

Ever since our first date when we recorded a remix of "Airplanes" by B.O.B that song was ours. When Mackenzie and I were in that studio together it was magical. That was the moment I knew I had fallen completely and utterly in love with her.

Mackenzie's POV:

"It's our song, babe," Peyton said with a smile, and I realized that "Airplanes" was playing. But then...what did he call me?

Babe....

"Oh my gosh Peyton. Ryan. What. What am I going to do about Ryan. He's going to see me and ask if I broke up with you and I could never break up with you. He's going to hurt me again Peyton i dont know wh-"

"MACKENZIE. Listen to me, okay? Ryan is NOT going to hurt you again. I won't let that happen. I will never let anyone hurt you. I can't bare the thought of you being hurt and crying. If there were ever a time that I wanted to see you cry, then they would be tears of happiness. Don't worry about Ryan. I'll take care of it," he said.

I didn't say it out loud, but in my mind my thoughts were swirling with negativity. Peyton is so much smaller than Ryan. There is no way that he could win in a fight between the two of them. How is he going to handle this?

Just then we pulled into my drive way and I noticed a familiar car...

"Ryan...."