"Wonders"

Chapter 13: Wonders

I was discharged from the hospital at around 5:30pm. There wasn't any major injury that broke my skull, but the doctor had said that I needed to be careful next time and not get into a stupid argument. Ikuya was the one who helped me out of the hospital and decided to take me back home. I thought about what I said to Rin last night. I remembered I called it off by breaking up with him instantly. But I started to continue to care for him. Why did I break up with him in the first place? I didn't even want to go back home since I basically live with him. Ikuya looked at me while he drove and he started to speak.

"Rin took it hard." Ikuya says.

"He did?"

Ikuya started to nod and then he put both hands on the wheel. I knew he wasn't done telling me everything so I decide to stay quiet.

"How can I explain it? When we were all here at the hospital just for you, he was crying. He kept blaming himself for seeing you tumble down the stairs and just was lost. Everyone came, and I eventually reunited with Sousuke. From there, Rin and Haru had apologized to each other and Sousuke literally was yelling in Rin's face for the accident."

"It wasn't much of an accident, though."

"Quiet, I'm speaking."

I shut myself up and realized I just interrupted him. I stayed quiet this time and just look out to the road.

"It was an accident, Aya. You both were stupid enough to argue over something stupid and for Rin to act up right away, and from what I learned about him from Haru, he does get that way and it won't change. If you start saying it wasn't an accident, I am literally going to kick you out of my car. No one's at fault."

I clenched my hands and just wanted to bang on his door but I continued to keep my composure. Ikuya started to sigh and then ruffles my hair.

"You are just in a lot of trouble."

"I'm just a mess..Ikuya. That's all. I don't even want to be here."

Ikuya looked at me and I held myself and wanted to end up crying. I'm a mess. I'm probably just like my own mother. I felt like I have been playing with hearts and just crushing it. I'm literally the wrong person to be around with, and just suddenly ending it with Rin like it was the right thing to do.

"I'm a coward, Ikuya. I don't deserve to be with anyone."

"Don't say that."

"IT'S TRUE!"

"AYA! SHUT UP!"

I stopped and once we got to a stop light, Ikuya looked at me with anger.

"You're completely emotional and can't figure out what you want in life. You try to be someone different but you're crazy. GROW UP AYA! This isn't the person anyone wants to deal with, it's you who needs to get up and understand what you need to put yourself through on your own!"

The way he yelled at me, hit me in the heart. I didn't feel like crying and at this point I felt blank.

Ikuya continued to drive and he just stayed quiet and I knew that he didn't want to listen to me anymore. I didn't bother speaking. Once he dropped me off home, I didn't think about looking back at him.

"Ikuya, must be really disappointed with me."

I head up to the entrance and felt the door knob. I really didn't want to go in. I didn't want to see Rin's face. Every flashback of him smiling was making me feel weird inside but at the same time, I probably won't even see it anymore. I unlocked the door, and walked inside quietly.