10. Crates

Derek glanced at the clock for probably the hundredth time within this hour, but it still didn't point at the five. He sighed. His days were a blur of boring routine from he woke up until five o'clock. Derek glanced again - still not five. Why did time seem to have slowed down?

Grabbing his rag he went to work on the counter - had to keep it nice and sparkly, right? Derek kept rubbing the invisible stains until he could see his reflection clearly. Actually cleaning the counter had always been a good way to calm him down, centre him.

Suddenly the loveliest and most promising sound found its way to Derek's ears. His head whipped up in time to see Leo closing the door. A smile unwillingly spread on Derek's face. He tried to tone it down a bit, but he just couldn't. He felt positively giddy at the sight of Leo. What the heck? Was he some high school girl from a shoujo?

Leo plopped down in his usual barstool and his striking eyes found Derek's. They quietly gazed at each other. It wasn't sensual or threatening, nor was it analysing. They were simply gazing. And it felt so intimate that Derek finally had to revert his eyes and turn around to grab Leo a smoothie.

He went to place it in front of Leo, but Leo took it from his hand before he could. The brush of Leo's fingers against his made his chest feel funny. What the hell was happening with him? His heart was beating faster than normal, his hands felt clammy, and what was with that annoying shyness?! He did not get shy. Derek Carmson was not the cute, shy guy.

Leo's eyes rested on Derek while he had his inner meltdown. Right then Derek was ever thankful for people not being able to read each other's minds. That would have been so embarrassing. Derek let his thumb slide between his fingers - yep, still clammy. Perhaps it was the cold lingering? Yeah, that was probably it. Great. Derek sighed, satisfied with the answer he'd worked out.

"How's the job?" Derek asked to make small-talk. Leo seem to consider something - couldn't be sure with that stoneface of his - before answering. "Someone has been meddling in my business lately," he said and his eyes narrowed. Derek didn't know much about business or the stock-market, or anything with money really. But he figured it was probably some company trying to steal Leo's clients or something.

"That's bothersome. Can't something be done about it?" Derek asked.

"Working on it, but it is proving to be more troublesome than I thought," Leo said, a simmering annoyance creeping into his voice, making it deeper and more growling. Leo actually had a pretty sexy voice now that he thought about it. So fierce and strong. It matched his body and personality perfectly.

"Did he drop by again?" Derek snapped out of his daze and tried to focus on their conversation. His libido was really going out of whack.

"Who?" he asked, confused. Leo glared, but still answered. "The boy from yesterday," he emphasised the word boy. Derek raised an eyebrow. Could Leo possibly be jealous? Derek's chest suddenly felt funny again. Bloody cold. "No, why would he? Most people don't have time to drop by every day. Besides, I don't really know him."

Leo didn't comment on Derek's answer, but leant to the side and threw the empty smoothie into the trash. With a predatory grace he stood and went behind the counter. Trapping his prey. Leo stopped just a few inches from Derek. His gaze locked onto him, not allowing Derek to look away. Slowly he lifted a hand up to Derek's face and gently grabbed his chin, letting his thumb stroke his jaw and lips. Derek parted them slightly and Leo immediately took him up on his invitation and let the tip of his thumb go between his lips. Derek sucked lightly on it and Leo's breathing became slightly uneven. With a fast movement - if you'd blinked you'd have missed it - Leo surged forward and lightly bit Derek's collarbone. Derek moaned around the thumb still stroking his lips and grabbed onto Leo's shoulders.