Skulker nodded to someone offstage and the door slid open. Danny took a step back. A ghost entered.

Ghost? No, it was a monster. It was green and had horns. And it was huge. Danny frowned. Well...maybe they could make a truce? Kind of like Valerie and Medusa did.

A few ghosts poked the monster harshly with long sticks. They seemed to give out a small shock which angered the monster. The other ghosts quickly scrambled out of the box and closed the door. The monster went awol and roared. It attacked the door. When it found its claws couldn't even scratch the glass it tried to attack the ghosts on the other side who were watching expectantly. Danny winced as the monster slammed against the glass and scrambled about like a wounded animal.

This wasn't a sentient ghost. Mindless. There was no talking to this thing. No truce.

As long as it didn't see him...

The monster's head swiveled around and its eyes found Danny. It narrowed them and growled. Danny gulped.

"Hey. Ummm. I don't think we've met before. Name's Danny. Pleasure to meet you"

The monster jumped his direction and Danny sidestepped, "I can see it isn't mutual"

It approached Danny like a predator cornering its prey. Danny's eyes swung wildly. He saw the ghosts around chanting things which he blocked out. Then he saw Valerie. She was still trapped in the blob and in the cell. She stared wideyed but when their eyes met, she gave him a firm nod.

Danny's expression became one of determination and he faced the monster.

"Let's dance"

It crouched and Danny knew what was going to happen. The horned ghost pounced but its claws found empty air. Danny was already standing a few good meters away.

The monster turned around and didn't waste any time to pounce again. Danny waited for the last second until the claws were centimeters from his face and grabbed the paws, using them to push himself up and over the ghost's head. He landed on the other side.

"Tag. You're it" Danny wanted to slap himself. Stop joking around, he told his mouth. This isn't the time.

This is exactly the time, another part of his brain answered back.

The crowd yowled as he crouched. Danny ignored them. He sidestepped another blow, trying to buy time so he could figure out a way to end this and escape. Nothing came up at the moment.

The monster was getting frustrated. Its prey wouldn't stay still. It decided to try another tactic.

Suddenly the ghost jumped at Danny, who obviously sidestepped, but instead of turning around the ghost planted its claws on the ground and used them to swivel its backpaws in Danny's direction. This caught the halfa offguard and he was pushed backwards.

The monster's instincts told it it had to strike now before the prey recovered. So it lunged and scraped its claws at Danny. This time, Danny was just able to avoid it. He jumped out of the way and rolled over to gain more distance. He stood up quickly from his roll and faced the ghost. Something trickled down his stomach. He resisted the urge to put his hand on it. It was stinging. He knew it was a scratch. Checking it wouldn't do anything but confirm his suspicions and show the ghost he was wounded. And a wounded prey was easier to catch.

He gritted his teeth. He had been trying to do this without ghost powers. One part of him reveled at the thought of using them in front of such a crowd and in human form.

The ghost pounced again and Danny pushed himself of the ground. He flew up and floated a few feet from the ceiling. The crowd yowled and cheered. This promised to be a good show.

Valerie gasped when Danny flew. Sure, she knew he could do that but it was still slightly shocking. This picture reminded her of something. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. And what's with all the quips. It was all so awfully familiar. She inspected Danny's face closely. Then she remembered. He looked exactly like Dani. That expression. That's the same expression she would wear. And she was a halfa too wasn't she.

Danny sighed at the cheers. Well, now they know. Maybe when he escapes he's gonna have to deal with many more hunters.

The monster was slightly surprised that his prey suddenly floated. It sniffed. It smelled a faint ectoplasmic scent from the human. The monster had never smelled such prey.

It crouched and jumped as high as it could, which turned out to be pretty high. Danny eluded it again and flew to the other side.

"Wait, let me get a shot at this too," He shot two ectoblasts the monster's way. His hands tingled from it.

The ghost was hit but mostly unharmed, much to the boy's regret. The hair was slightly burned but the skin was untouched. It must have pretty thick skin, Danny concluded. I'll need to use more power than that to penetrate it.

He was reluctant to put much power in his blasts. His human skin could take a few blasts, but not anything big.

Suddenly the ghost's horns elongated. They stretched out and headed towards Danny, ready to stab him through. Before Danny could do anything, he felt a painful stab in the arm. He instinctively went intagible but found he couldn't phase through this ghost. So he did the next best thing and raised his good hand. He charged and shot. It left his hand burned but the monster let go with a yelp. It rolled back and slammed against the wall. Danny slumped but didn't drop from the air.

"No fair. I don't have elongating horns"

He risked a peek at his hand which he had just used as a weapon and found it red. But it wasn't as bad as the ghost. Its fur was burning and its skin on its chest was charred. It whimpered. Danny wished he could do the same. He felt hot pain from his arm where he had just been stabbed through. He'd have to clean that up later.

He lifted his hand again and shot. He had to act now before it recovered. The shot hit the exact same spot the other one did. The monster yowled in pain and the ghosts around the cage shouted encouragement.

Danny stopped. He wasn't planning to end this ghost. Sure it was dangerous and was just about to kill him, but its just an animal. It didn't know any better. He scowled at the crowd outside. They, however, did know better. And they chose for worse. Danny glanced at his hand. It was red and now had charred skin. Like a really bad sunburn. He hesitated, thinking of Valerie. Then he clenched his hand. No. He had to do this. It was the only way.

Well...the only way he could think of now.

He turned so he was facing the crowd. They looked at him expectantly, wondering what he was going to do now. Danny landed and straightened up. They had chosen for worse, so Danny would give them worse.

He breathed in deeply and.....let the rings appear at his waist.

Hahahahhahahaha.
Ha.
I wanna see your faces right now. Hehe.
So how was it. Enough pain for our little halfa.....nah.
Whats val gon think.
Whats danny doing.
We shall see.
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.
BUT im moving tomorrow (as in, moving fron house). Thats why i couldnt update sooner. Had to pack up. Ill find a way to update. Even if it has to be in the middle of the night.

Anyways.
Byeeeeeeeeeeee

Ps. Sigh had to redo the whole chapter because i realised i had forgotten the cheesy oneliners. So whaya think. Cheesy enough?