"Are you serious? You're embarrassed because of me?" Zane says as he looks at me, seeing as my cheeks turned red almost immediately.

"I-It's nothing to laugh about," I murmur more to myself, alerting Zane completely.

"Hey... It's not like that, it's just..." He said as he grabbed my shoulder, trailing off as he tried to find the right words. "It's just... cute that you feel that way around me."

When I realized the severity of my words, I removed Zane's hands immediately and covered my face with my hand. The other one shaking a 'no' vigorously at him.

"I-It's not l-like that, stupid!" I said blushing. There was a chuckle from Zane before he pulled my hand away from my face, I averted my gaze from him as blush was still evident on my cheeks.

"I know." He said, which made me look at him.

Since when was his eyes bluer and paler than his usual ones?

It's... actually... really pretty.

"How about this, we have about 30 minutes left before our time is up. Let me teach you how to skate a bit," My eyes widened at his words and I shook my head almost too quickly.

"N-No, don't bother. You know I can't learn in that short amount of-" I was suddenly pulled up to my feet by Zane, "Come on! Trust me, it will be fun! I never taught someone how to skate before," He said with excitement as he dragged me towards the rink once again.

After a minute of struggling, I finally gave in and sighed quietly. No longer dragging my feet.

Once inside the rink, Zane gently grabbed my waist and pulled me inside gently.

As my feet touched the slippery ice, Zane supported more than half of my weight. I blushed slightly at the close contact, though I hope it's covered by the coolness of the rink itself.

"Okay, Aph. Listen, I will hold your hand as you take small steps going towards the middle of the rink," He whispered to my ear, automatically making it red from the cold air that puffed into it as well.

"I-I can't," I reply, "That's why I'm going to hold your hand, silly." He said as he moved from behind me to my side.

How the realm can he move so easily?

"There, easy steps," He says. I close my eyes shut as I take very small steps forward. Opening my eyes only when Zane squeezed my hand for comfort; honestly, the contact sent instant goosebumps course through my body.

With each step, I grew more comfortable with the ice, my steps becoming unknowingly bigger. Zane seemed to notice this though because he smiled the whole time.

Making me smile as well.

This went on for about 10 minutes, when we finally reached the middle of the big rink. He decided to let go of my hand.

This alerted me instantly and my eyes widened from the loss of contact. If I wouldn't trip immediately, I would've stormed towards him and ask him why did he let go.

Seeing as that's not the case, I settled for the latter.

"Z-Zane? Why did you let go?!" I panic as I try to let my feet remain planted on the ice. "Okay, Aphmau, now, try going back without my help." Zane instructs which made me stare at him with wide eyes.

"Zane, the only reason I was able to walk here is because you were holding my hand!" I reason which he shook his head to, "I'll not walk you, try to do it, I believe in you."

I knew reasoning with him was no use so I took in a deep breath before walking small steps back.

It was going fairly well for the first few minutes, Zane following my trail.