"As in a good sleep or?"

"As in, I try to close my eyes and get nowhere. Not even that 'I'm so tired and wake up it's night time' sleep. I haven't slept."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yemi frowned and pressed her foot on the acceleration, "why is this the first time--"

"Because I knew you'd overreact or some shit," he sighed, "and I thought it would pass. We just got on good terms, Yemi."

"When were we on bad terms? I'm confused."

"When you thought I was a crackhead again and went through my stuff."

"Okay, one, I wasn't mad, I was scared. Two, don't say crackhead, that's just rude."

He chuckled then groaned. "Ow, shut up."

After five hours in the Emergency Room, Zayn was finally sent to a room to be evaluated. Tests were taken, and Yemi was finally permitted to go back to his room until the results came back.

Zayn was lying in the bed, hospital gown on his body and the blankets pulled up to his chest. His eyes were closed, but he definitely wasn't sleep, just trying to control his breathing. Hospitals and test results made him nervous, so nervous he was sweating worse than usual, and he seemed not not be comfortable no matter what.

"Here," Yemi took a cold cloth and put it on his head. Zayn opened his eyes and sighed in relief, before closing them again. "Better?"

"Yes," he cleared his throat, "thank you."

"No problem," she moved the cloth around his neck and cheeks, making sure he didn't stay too warm.

"Honestly think they took too much blood," he said, "I'm like...this big."

"What?"

"I didn't feel like holding my hand up," they both laughed quietly at that, "I hope I just get something to sleep."

"Maybe your anxiety is causing all of this."

"How?"

"You're worried about paying for our vacation, about your promotion, about finishing your work by the deadlines given to you," she went to the sink and ran cold water on the cloth again, "it takes a toll on you. You're probably wondering how much this hospital bill is. I can tell."

Zayn sat up, his hands resting in his lap. "It's always like that."

"Well, it got so bad you're in the hospital, Zayn. We have to find new ways to deal with it, okay?"

"Okay. Now give me a kiss."

"Not with the sweat on your face." she grimaced.

A doctor came in just then, closing the door behind him. "Hi, I'm Dr. Williams, you must be Zayn."

"Yeah."

"And you?"

"Yemi," she shook his hand and smiled.

"And him?" he gestured to Jahdai playing games on Zayn's phone in the corner, his earbuds in and his mind so focused on whatever was on that screen.

"My son," Zayn puffed out a breath and leaned back on the bed.

"Well, I have some good news and some bad news," he said, flipping through his clipboard, "which would you like?"

"Bad."

"You have to get your gallbladder out as soon as possible."

"I told you I'm dying, Yem," Zayn closed his eyes and smiled.

"The good news is, that nobody knows what it's for so it's not a big deal if you lose it. However, we have to do this now so no type of infection will spread."

"Like, now now?"

"Yeah. And your anxiety and blood pressure levels are high so it's certain you're suffering from extreme fatigue," the doctor sat down and crossed his leg over the other, "now, since this is serious and regent, we have to give you some downers to calm your nerves, otherwise we can't perform surgery."

"Okay."

"It's gonna make you loopy."

"He's already loopy, Doctor," Yemi watched him grin and rolled her eyes, "you just have to roll with it."

"Understandable," he checked his watch, "I'm bringing in a few nurses to help administer the medicine then we'll be back in a few mintires to see how he's doing before going into surgery."

"Okay," Zayn muttered, staring up at the ceiling. The doctor left, and he sighed yet again.

"You'll be fine," she said, moving hair from his face, "I'll be right outside, okay?"

"Okay, baby. Jah."

"Yes?" he looked up from his game, "are you okay?"

"No, I gotta get surgery, man--"

"Oh no!" he screamed, lying on the floor and kicking his feet in the air.

Yemi glared playfully at Zayn. "Stop teaching him to be dramatic."

"It's hilarious!" Zayn shrugged and laughed at his son hitting the floor with a closed fist.

hey,  y'all cute bye

read my other books if you want bye

bye