[36]

Yemi turned over in her bed, sneezing at the smell of some sort of pepper and frowning.

"Bless you."

"Thank you, Jah," she hummed, slowly opening her eyes and blinking to get clearer vision. He was sitting beside her with a tray in front of him. "What's this?"

"Happy birthday!" he yelled, throwing his arms up in excitement, "here's breakfast, mamà."

"Jahdai," she sat up and moved her hair out her face, the bonnet fell of last night probably, "thank you, sweetie. Did you make this yourself?"

He shook his head and scooted closer when she took the tray and put it in her lap. "No, baba made it, but he had to go to work for a meeting."

"Aw."

"But he left a note," Jahdai, got a piece of paper from the bedside table and gave it to her.

I'm sorry the food is kinda cold in case jah decided to not wake you up until twelve, but happy birthday baby girl! I'll be back at two to give you my present.

I love you, Z 🖤

Aw," Yemi cooed, smiling at the note before touching her food, "it's cold, Jah, you didn't want to wake me up?"

"No, I was watching TV. Super busy."

"Always," Yemi picked up her phone and smiled at all her birthday messages, either through text or social media in general, "you wanna take a picture with me?"

"Yeah!" he crawled in her lap and hugged her neck, "like this."

Yemi giggled, feeling a kiss on her cheek and taking the picture just in time. "I love you, baby boy."

"I love you, mama," he kept kissing her cheek and gjggled. She got out of the bed, picking him up and walking out of the room, "where we going?"

"Tryna find more food. Did you eat?"

"Yes," he replied, sitting in the counter while she went in the fridge, "I also fed your puppies."

"Thank you, baby."

"You're welcome," he smiled, "what video are you doing today?"

"It is Saturday, huh?" She put her hands on her hips, "do I look terrible today?"

"No," he replied with no hesitation, "you're always pretty, mama."

"Thank you, pumpkin--"

"Are those baba's boxers?"

"Uh, no," she bit her lip to stop laughing and got out a box of cereal, "want some Cocoa Puffs?"

"Yes."

Yemi sniffled softly, putting banana powder around her cheeks and on her nose.

"Just like this," she scrunched her nose and put the brush down, "and now we bake."

"Chocolate chip cookies," Jahdai said from beside her, "my chocolate chip mama."