Chapter 3

~Camila's POV~

I'm going to kill her.

I kept on repeating those words for the past few hours. It was my mantra.

By the time we passed Ariana's porch, it was pitch black outside.

My mood was much darker than the sky.

I was royally pissed, furious.

Ally had dragged me all over Miami, searching for the perfect dress. After walking in and out of numerous stores, trying every dress they contained, we finally settled with two dressed from Banana Republic.

She had curled her thick, semi brown hair and the ringlets hung gracefully below her shoulders.

She's so beautiful. I've always wished I looked half a good as she does.

As for me, I wore a tight black dress, my way of blending in with the crowd.

You can never go wrong with black. That's probably the best advice Ally ever gave me. I straitened my long and dark brown hair and Ally did my makeup, obviously. It's part of our friendship agreement; she takes care of our fashion style while I take care of our grades. It's always been this way, I couldn't ever picture the opposite.

Anyways, I'm lucky she hadn't forced me to wear her six inch silhouettes. I can barely handle two inch heels. Besides, I'm way too clumsy.

As we entered Ariana's ginormous house, my vision was blinded by enormous clouds of smoke.

Great. I bet my mom would strongly approve of it. Note my sarcasm.

The nauseating smell of sweat and alcohol burned my nostrils. Rihanna's song, Sex With Me was blasting so loud, I swear the house was shaking.

I can't believe Ally brought, I mean forced me to come here.

"Lighten up Mila!" She yelled over the music.

I mouthed DIE to her. She rolled her eyes and pulled my arm into the middle of the room. Once I let loose and gave up the fight, we began dancing. After a few minutes of intense dancing, my feet were already starting to ache.

Then I saw her. She had a beer clutched in her hand and was nodding at something her friend said. She looked like a Greek Goddess. Fuck I'm drooling.

Ugh I'm so lame.

Ally shifted in front of me, bringing me out of my reverie.

"I'm gonna go dance with Ms. Greek goddess from Boca Raton." She yelled over the music. I shook my head fiercely and have her my greatest puppy dog face, practically saying I beg you, don't leave me alone in this place.

She smiled at me, exposing her perfectly white teeth and looked over her shoulder, smirking.

"Don't worry Camila. You're in good hands." With that she winked and walked away.

Fast enough Y/N replaced her.

Oh no.

Thank god the music was on full blast, because otherwise I swear everybody would've heard my heavy breathing.

My throat dried up.

My pulse sped up.

My mind went blank.

My knees weakened.

God dammit.

She cocked her head sideways, smiling bashfully at me.

I turned around, making sure this time I wasn't dreaming. When I turned back around, she was still smiling at me. Not at any of the sexy girls around me, but me. And only me.

Still not positive that I wasn't dreaming, I pinched myself as hard as I could.

Fuck that hurt.

Well..definitely not dreaming this time.

I focused my attention back towards her, giving her my own sheepish smile but I'm pretty sure I looked like a little kid who just received a big ass piece of chocolate cake with colorful sprinkles.

Ugh.

I was never shy around people. Maybe self conscious, but never shy.

What I didn't get was that I always used to be so comfortable around her. But I guess when you fall in love with your ex-best friend, that's what happens. I became shy. The worst part was that we almost had a thing and we shared a few intimate moments. But she always left me for that Blonde Barbie. I cried when I found out they went out, but still cried when they broke up, because I knew I would never have her.

Come on Camila let it go..this was three fucking years ago..

Y/N brought me back into reality and slipped her hand in mine. What? My whole body started to tingle. Oh god, I missed her touch so much.

I can't wait to tell this to Ally.

As we entered the large kitchen, I tripped and nearly did a face plant on the cold hardwood floor, but Y/N's strong arms,naught me just in time. Damn she must workout..because those muscles are so fine.

Shit.

I was sure no one noticed me and my clumsiness, everyone be drunk and all.

Embarrassed, I bowed my head down as I flushed crimson red.

Y/N's grip tightened on me, my heart starting to do crazy cartwheels, bouncing all over the place.

"You're too cute Camz. I hope you're not falling head over heels for anybody else." She whispered into my ear.

I froze, goosebumps rising all over my body.

What the hell was that supposed to mean?