Chapter 1

~Camila's POV~

Damn.

What a stupid dream.

And an even stupider alarm.

I tossed and turned on my bed until I could no longer escape the horrible beeping sound my alarm made. I slam harshly on the off button, feeling immediately more peaceful. I felt my lidded eyes become heavy and shortly after, I fell right back asleep.

My mom woke me up an hour later. "Camila get up Mija!" You're going to be late for school."

Great. Now I'm gonna be late for my first day. I took a five minute shower, tied my hair up in a messy bun, and applied simply enough mascara to not look too much like a zombie. I shuffled quickly through my clothes; I settled on a pair of tight denim jeans with a plain white t shirt and covered myself with my favorite baggy hoodie.

I made my way down the stairs and through the door, my mom stopping me in her tracks. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Oh right." I kissed her cheek and said goodbye.

"Mija, I was talking about your lunch." She giggled, handing me my black lunch bag.

I knew she was talking about that. I was just playing stupid. I grab it anyways and smile.

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Bye mama, I love you." I half yell as I make my way down the driveway.

As I sit in the passengers seat of Ally's black Cadillac, which used to belong to her mom, she eyed me suspiciously, without saying a single word. She doesn't even start the engine, she just sat there staring at me..and it's driving me insane.

"What??" I snapped while throwing my hands up in the air, completely defeated by her silent game.

A slow smile crept from the corner of her lips as she extended both of her arms out in front of her, as if she was a criminal trying to say "don't shoot. I'm innocent"

"Geez calm down. Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or something?"

"Ugh. Yeah..something like that." I mumbled, dismissing myself from the conversation. But knowing her..this was clearly just the beginning.

"What's up with the hobo look? I am not letting you start off the school year wearing that."

"You've got to be kidding me, right?"

"Nu-uh. This sweater has gotta go. And what the hell-" she gasped, quickly making the sign of the cross. "Dear lord forgive me." She muttered before continuing, correcting herself. "And what the heck are you thinking? It's way too hot to wear skinny jeans." She says while pointing to them, looking at me like I've committed the worst crime of the century.

There's no point arguing with Ally Brooke Hernandez.

I yank off my hoodie, and turn to her. "Are you happy now, Fashionista?"

She grins, "Much better babe! Let's get this show started."

I sighed and smiled at her. I love my best friend with my life, even when she's an annoying pain in the ass. She always knows how to cheer me up.

________________

We rushed into the school building, missing the first bell by a close three seconds. As I ran up the stairs like a crazy maniac, I nearly knock out a dozen other students. Ally is trailing behind me, panting hard. I look over my shoulder to ask if she's alright but I suddenly smack into a smaller body.

Shit.

Just my luck.

The woman grips my arms firmly, keeping me from falling. Ally slams hard into my back, causing the three of us to fall down. We look like an inappropriate sandwich lying there. I manage to push Ally off of me as I roll off the girl. She gets up and lends me her hand. I instantly get up on my feet, my head spinning uncontrollably from the impact.