Part 3

I ran through the streets, weaving in and out of alleyways to avoid the bullets that are narrowly buzzing past my head. The mixture of heavy footsteps and the blaring of sirens caused my heart pound with excitement. The plane had been completed and the pieces to my plan were all slipping into place. I slid through the doorway of my workshop, ducked behind my desk and waited.

Tick tock.

The distant sound of a clock resounded as the sirens began to fade, I had lost them. All but one. I reached under my desk and pulled out an old pistol. I had originally contemplated using my hellfire shotguns, but they wouldn't work in this scenario, too loud and not precise enough. I a wide grin began to form as I watched a lone government official sneak through the front door. I hid in the shadows as I made my way towards the plane. He saw me and began to open fire, he landed a shot to my leg. I glared at him and fired a single bullet, shattering his mask. Despite being devoid of life, his piercing blue eyes still shone through the darkness. Jack and I never needed to exchange words before, but this wasn't Jack. Jack had died five years ago when he decided that there was no hope left, when he betrayed me, when he joined officials, when he joined the enemies. Suddenly, an alarm sounded causing Jack to turn away. I took this chance to dive into the plane and started the engine. There was a low rumbling noise accompanied by a slight buzzing, finally silence, followed by the sound of the engine bursting to life. Dials began to spin wildly, red lights flashed, there was a ringing noise humming in my ears as the plane bursted through the walls of my workshop. The plane smoothly flew through the air, the humming noise was becoming louder as I flew closer and closer to the walls of our cage. The iron bars easily gave away as metal clashed. For the first time in my life, I saw the the crisp blue sky and everything was perfect.

Finally, we were free at last...