It's Time to Let Go (prologue)

Ronnie's P.O.V
We all sit around the bus. Ryan and Derek on the side couch. Jacky and Ron in their bunks. I sit with my head in my hands

"guys we've hit rock bottom. No one's buying tickets anymore. This next show only has about 150 people coming max." I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration.

Ryan sets his beer bottle down and runs his fingers through his hair and looks over at Derek ,who's drinking the last of his beer.

"guys we might have to make this our last concert." His voice quivering with concern.

Ron and Jacky look out from their bunks to listen in.

Ryan continues "no one's buying tickets,buying merch, or cd's . We can't pay the bills we have on the tour van anymore." His eyes well up with tears.

Derek sets his beer down on the table and speaks up.

"I'm afraid Ryan is probably right, there's just no way we can support ourselves through music alone. We knew we would have to call it quits sometime,I guess now is that time."

He looks down and plays with them hem of his shirt nervously.

No one in the bus makes eye contact with each other, we sit in silence until someone let's out a sob. All eyes fixate on Ryan. A tear rolls down his face and his cheeks are flushed.

"Ryan are you okay?" Jacky asks in a worried tone. Ryan shakes his head vigorously, unable to compose words. He finally chokes out "i just can't believe this is it." Another tear streams down.

Derek rubs his back , a fetal attempt at comforting him.

"I know bud. But we all knew this had to end one day." More tears run down his face.

"I know, I just didn't think it would be over so soon." He sniffs and wipes his cheeks.

"I think it's time to let go." Jacky pipes in. "We'll play this last show with everything we have,no matter how small the crowd."

Everyone nods. "And when we're done we'll go our seperates ways. But we each have to promise each other that we will keep in contact. Deal?"

Everyone nods once more.

Ron raises up his beer bottle. "Too new beginnings." And everyone raises their's too. " here here! "

Author's note~
Thank you for reading. As you can see this is pretty much a sneak peek of what this book will be about. Sorry it's so short, I promise the chapters will be much longer and enjoyable to read. I'll update as much as I can.
~♡•