Chapter Nine: The Truth Comes Out

Patrick's P.O.V.

It felt like my dating life wasn't being fair to me in the last couple of weeks, every girl I went to just didn't fill the empty void inside my heart. Every night it was a different girl; Melody, Cameron, Juliet, Ashley, Anna, Darla, Carly, Cassidy, Samantha, Chelsea, Amanda. None of these women can fill in that empty hole, I tried so hard to ignore it and push it aside but I couldn't. These girls weren't like her, they didn't have her attitude, they didn't have her enthusiasm, they didn't have her passions, they didn't have her smile or her laugh or her kindness, these women weren't Jamie. I just wanted to forget her, forget about the feelings I had for her, forget to ever think I actually had a chance with her. It was clear to me that she was in love with her boyfriend, it was also clear that he is a complete asshole and she's too blind to see it.

I wanted her, I wanted her to be mine.

I woke up in Amanda's bed with Amanda watching me sleep with googly eyes, her hand rested on my chest while she ran her fingers through my hair with the other.

"Good morning." She smirked.

"What time is it?" I asked her as I removed her hands from my body.

"Nine-thirty." Amanda replied.

"I'm gonna be late for practice."

I got up to look for my pants, Amanda grabbed my arm and pulled me back in bed.

"Can't you call in sick? We were having so much fun last night." Amanda said with a seductive tone in her voice.

I shook her off and stood to my feet as I finally found my pants on the ground.

"No." I stated plainly.

"So, you're just going to leave?"

"Yup."

"Was I just a booty call for you?"

"Probably."

I gave Amanda a cocky smile and left her apartment fully clothed, Amanda is a beautiful girl but she's not for me, none of the other girls were for me.

None of them had the spark Jamie has.
-------

The morning skate was calm but you can still feel the tension and nerves from some of the guys, it was round three, game three of the Stanley Cup playoffs and our series with the Anaheim Ducks was spilt. Jonathan wasn't worried and neither was I, I was focused on winning the next three games.

Jamie was there, she requested to work with a different group just so she doesn't have to work with me. She avoided my presence, she ignored my existence, she couldn't even look me in the eyes. I don't know what I did to get her like this, the night at her parents' house she was happy to be with me, she was going to kiss me and then all of a sudden she started to hate me again.

"Why don't you just go up and talk to her?" Jonathan asks as he approached my stall.

"Because Tazer, every time I tried she walks away and tells me to go away." I answered him with an annoyed look on my face.

"You know what pisses me off?"

"The fact that you never shut up?"