Chapter Three: Have a Nice Fright

A/N: hey guys don't forget to check out the first two chapters of Unexpected!
-------

Jamie's P.O.V.

I spent the last two weeks apologizing to Jonathan, Patrick Sharp, and Marian Hossa for the way Mason had acted with them, well mostly with Kane who I didn't really care about but it was still humiliating that it happened in front of them. Hell, I couldn't care less if Mason punched Kane right in the nose, I just couldn't lose my job right now.

It was an early Saturday morning and Brianna and I were studying at the library for a test coming up on Monday, I had about two hours until I had to meet the team at Johnny's Icehouse for morning skate. The Blackhawks were playing against the Dallas Stars tonight and the Stars were going to use the United Center for their practice. I sat silently reading over the textbook in front of me as I wrote down notes, Brianna placed her head down on the table and groaned loudly only enough for the both of us to hear.

"Some of us are trying to study here, Bri." I glared slightly at my best friend.

"But we've been here for two hours! I want to get out of here!" Brianna whisper-yelled while throwing her arms in the air.

"Fine," I say to her as I shut my book and started packing my things. "I have to be at work anyway."

"Your hockey internship thing?"

"Yeah."

"Can I come?"

"I don't know, Brianna.."

"Oh come on Jamie, pleasssseeeee." Brianna begged as she pulled on my sleeve. "You said yesterday it's open practice."

Fuck, I did say that.

"Brianna these people are not just some college pricks that play a sport, these are people who are very serious about this game."

"I'll be on my best behavior."

"Ugh," I sighed as my head fell in defeat. "Fine, just don't do anything stupid okay?"

"Yay! I love you."

"Yeah, yeah."

I parked in the players' lot of Jonny's Icehouse next to Brad Richards' car, most of the guys seemed to be here. I got off the car and made my way toward the entrance with a giddy Brianna following close behind.

"Remember, don't talk to them, don't touch them, don't even look at them. I'm already in hot water with my boss because of what Mason did." I said to Brianna pointing my finger at her.

"I'm not Mason, plus if Patrick Kane wanted to get into my pants I'd totally let him."

"Ew, Brianna."

"What? He's so hot. Why don't you just have a little quickie in the locker room?"

"Brianna if you do not shut up, I will lock you in the car.. Plus, I love Mason remember? Nothing and no one can change that."

"You've been with Mason since like senior year of high school, try someone different." Brianna said with a smirk.

"I'll pass."