Chapter 4: Part 1 Scott's Past

I'm so sorry that i haven't updated in a while I'm going through alot of things with my mom and feeling useless so I'm going to take my feelings out on this chapter..... This will all be in Scott's point of view enjoy.

The sounds of gunfire filled that air as the base was being under attack I took my gun in my hand and looked out onto the field. People were dieing.... no my new friends were dieing I guess that's why you shouldn't make friends in the military..... I'm only 18 years old but I knew what I had signed up for.

We were diploid from the truck and ordered to move out, running along side with my friends with the chance of not coming home but this was my chance to save the ones I love. All I could hear was the sound of my own gun firing along with the dieing screams of the falling men. The conrad beside me got shot in the left shoulder I ducked down to see if I could do anything.

"Come on Chole stay with me." I went to address his shoulder when his hand came to my face leaving his blood on my right cheek.

"It's too late for me now........ It was nice knowing ya Scott my buddy........." he coughed as blood started coming from his mouth​.

He let out his last breath, Chole my very first friend when I joined the military, the only person who ever showed respect to me laid dead in my arms. I ripped his dog tags off of his neck to give to his wife back home. I wasn't sure how I could tell her, this pain only drew me farther in my anger. With shaky legs I stook up grabbed my gun and started shooting while thinking of what I had lost and what I need to protect. The main person being my little cousin Steven. The way he used to imagine being in the military protection me from the bad guys as he put it always put a smile on my face.

I could feel tears streaming down my face I wasn't quite sure if they were for sadness or for joy they wouldn't stop falling. Using these emotions I fought without fear knowing that I have people who will never stop caring about me dead or alive I knew that I had to keep going I'm fighting for what's right, and that's a good reason to keep going.

After the enemies retreated what was left of my conrads gathered up into the trucks and rode back to the camp. I took the dog tags out of my pocket and looked at it feeling tears in my eyes I quickly blinked them away as I put the dog tags back into my pocket. After  from the trucks we went back to our sleeping areas or training area but I went to Chole's cabin that he was sharing, gathered his things into one spot so then I knew where they were for when I went to his home in Montana. It's always hard to hear that someone you know died but watching them die is another thing.

When the war had ended my first stop was at Chole's house, I walked up to the door and knocked. A woman opened the door she was a small woman with long brown hair and sea blue eyes.

"Are you Mrs. Smith?" I asked looking down at her wile she nodded "I have come here to inform that your husband Chole Smith has unfortunately passed away."

She fell to her knees and started crying "How...... How did he die?" she asked between sobs.

"He died by me side, I tried to save him but he said that it was too late for him." I handed her his dog tags "his items should be here within a couple days...... I'm sorry for your loss." and with that I left.

I decided to take the train home seeing as I asked my uncle to drive me, my parents abandoned me to go off and live their dreams so I had been living with my aunt and uncle. They were unaware that I was coming home today I have read letters from my family that Steven's birthday was coming up and that all he said that he wanted was for me to be home soon. The train had stopped so I got off and started walking home, walking up the stairs to the house the sky was dark I would say it's around 10:30 at night. I slowly opened the door after unlocking it I saw that the living room lights were on and I could hear the tv on. But I could hear someone drop something in the kitchen since that room was closer I went in there and saw Steven trying to reach a glass on the top shelf. Chuckling I walked over and grabbed one of the glasses and handed it to him. When he saw who was behind him he screamed while hugging me the sound of his scream made my aunt and uncle run in.

"Scott!!! You're home!!!" Steven started crying along with my aunt "My early birthday wish came true!!"

This day I would never forget how happy I fought for what was right and had the privilege to see my family again while many others moarned for their loved ones so of them were brothers, dads, sons, daughters, mothers and sisters.

(Ugh I almost cried when I wrote this sorry if it's no good hah I just really like my character Scott the next chapter will be back to normal time bye! See you soon!!)