"Bella, what are you doing?" Nina whispered as soon as we were at a safe distance from them.

"Saving my life.." I said while looking around for any upcoming danger.

"Wow, and how long do you think this stupid plan of yours will work?" Nina said while crossing her hands over her chest.

.

"Nina" I placed both my hands on her shoulders, "Darling, this is the only plan I have. If you have something better than this or meeting Caleb, I am all ears. But for now, are you in or out?"

She looked at me with a poker face and asked, "Seriously?" As if that was even a question.

"Love you, now come on..." I smirked and pulled her behind me to go to a different place. Our hide and seek continued for a long time until the next class started. We both quietly sneaked through the back door and sat at the back of the class when we finally thought Caleb had given up on his search. At least for now, I was safe.

Caleb didn't come to look for us after that and so we thought it was perfectly safe to let our guard down while going home. But what we didn't know was that the whole group was standing just outside the school gate, waiting for us.

As soon as we stepped out of the school's premises, a voice caught my attention,

"Going somewhere?"

I turned around to see the four boys standing just a few feet away from us. Suddenly all my blood drained out of my body as if I had seen a ghost. Beside me, I heard Nina gasp in shock. We didn't think they would be waiting for us outside the school. So much for my survival plan! I saw Caleb walking towards me, his jaw clenched in anger,

"What the hell do you think of yourself?" He yelled walking towards me.

"What do you mean?" I shrugged and replied nervously while looking away.

"You know what I mean" Caleb's voice roared and it really made me want to faint. Fake faint. Would that even work? What if I faint and he kidnaps me or something instead of letting me lie on the floor to rot for myself! Ugghh, stupid Bella! Faint wouldn't work here.

As soon as I saw him approaching me, I didn't know what came over me. I looked sideways and whispered to Nina, "Run!"

After that I didn't even wait to see if Nina actually ran with me or not. I just ran. And that traitor didn't even move her butt for a second!
Well, she was too shocked to even react the way I did. She had Jake, who did I have? She would have mercy, I would have my funeral tomorrow!

Instead, I heard Caleb shouting behind me to stop, but I didn't care. I knew he would follow behind me, which only made me want to run faster with everything I've got. I went on running from one ally to another without actually realizing which way I was going. I just knew I had to run away from him no matter what!

After running for almost ten to fifteen minutes, I was out of breath. I stopped and turned around to see that no one was following me. Caleb must have lost me and given up. I was breathing heavily and the heart beat was playing drums inside me. In the midst of all the running, I had forgotten about my breathing problem. But still, I was happy that I could escape Caleb's wrath for today.

I had to rest somewhere immediately, as my heavy breathing wouldn't stop. I looked around to see unfamiliar surroundings. Oh crap! I had no idea where I was or how to get back home. I tried to remember the path I came from so that I could follow it back, but I wasn't able to remember anything.