Chapter 7: HoCo

AN: Penelope's dress is blue, and Sue's is black and purple. Let me know if you can't see it!

 Let me know if you can't see it!

September 14:

Penelope:

"Hi Mrs. Heck, I'm here for Sue." I tell her on Friday, Homecoming day. "We have a hair appointment."

"Hi Penelope." Mrs. Heck says, "Come in, Sue has been so excited. Where are you guys going for your hair appointment?"

"It's over in-"

"Penelope, are you ready? Can we go now?" Sue races in her Homecoming dress in it's bags and her other bag filled with her jewelry, and her shoe box. We're getting ready at my house. Sue doesn't wait for an answer, but continues out the door to where Sam is waiting in his jeep. I watch Sam's eyes widen in terror and try not to laugh. He has no idea what he signed up for. Sue flies into the back seat with her things.

"Sure." I turn around to head to the jeep after Sue.

"Penelope." Axl's voice is a bit hesitant.

"Yes?" I ask turning back to the house.

"Axl, leave us alone." Sue calls back. "We're going to be late!"

"It's a walk in Sue." I hear Sam explain.

"Do you have a date to the homecoming dance?"

"I'm hoping this isn't you asking me to the dance."

"Pft. What? No, of course not." He says blowing his hair out of his face.

"Well I've got to go," I awkwardly turn walk away.

"Yeah, totally."

"But to answer your question. No." I walk to Sam's car and climb in the back with Sue. "Are you excited?"

She squeals in response. Sam's shoulders tense I put a hand on his shoulder and he relaxes, slightly. The ride consisted of light conversation between the three of us.

"What did Rock Man want?" Sam asks when Sue and I get out of his jeep.

"I'm not sure, but it kinda sounded like he wanted to be my date for the dance. I said no. It was weird." Sam doesn't say anything but nods acknowledging he heard me. "Thanks for doing this Sam, I really do appreciate it."

"I'll see you in a bit Penny." He gives a smile and drives away. Sue drags me inside where we get pampered for a few hours.

###

"You look beautiful." Sterling tells Sue. "You too Penelope."

"Thanks Sterling." I tell him fixing my skirt once more. "Sue, why don't you and Sterling head to your place, I'm sure you parents want pictures." She nods excitedly and drags Sterling out.

"Ready Penny?" Sam asks fixing his tie. I smile with a nod. Will and Michael both walk into the parlor with their own suits on.

"Look at you, all grown up now." Andy's voice throws me off guard.