Chapter 2: Hiding Out

July 29:

Michael:

I walk over to the house that Penelope had pointed out. My brain steaming. How dare he. I know I'm not the best brother to Penelope. Andy and Sam have that position filled. Will is the close second. Maybe it's because we're so close in age, we're the same age. Will the middle between us.

I bang sharply on the door with the side of my fist. A tall man with salt and pepper hair and a plaid shirt opens the door. "If your selling something go away." He says. Getting ready to close the door.

"I'm here about a boy, black hair, curly and a Letterman jacket."

"Axl, there's a boy here to see you." He calls into the house.

The boy, that fits the slight description that my sister had given me comes to the door. He looks at me. And I punch him in the jaw. "You know you scared my sister to death throwing the rock through her window!"

"What the h*ll dude?" He yells holding his jaw.

"That rock you threw through the window at the house. It broke through my sister's window." I tell him.

"People live in the abandoned house?"

"Its bank property, and my father runs the bank." I tell him rolling my eyes at his stupidity.

"Axl get in here and clean up the kitchen." A short brunet haired woman comes out. "I didn't know you had a friend over."

"We're not friends." I growl, "Stay away from my sister, and no more throwing rocks at our house, or I'll make sure your family never gets another cent from the bank." I tell him throwing one more punch at him. I know I can't control that, but I don't really care. Thank you Sam for teaching me a couple different punches. I walk away and hear his mother talking to him.

-~-~

Axl:

"Who was that boy?" Mom asks me as he walks away, storms away would be a better description. He flexes his fingers.

"I don't know mother." I tell her. "Just a guy with a painfully good right hook."

"I heard something about a bank." She pesters.

"He says his father is the guy that runs the bank."

"You better not have screwed us over at the bank." She warns me.

"What was that about?" Dad asks.

"Apparently Axl broke the bank owner's daughter's window." Mom answers.

"What the H*ll Axl." Dad yells, "Why would you do something that stupid."

"I didn't mean to, gosh," I answer, "There wasn't anyone living there last time we were there."

"Did you not see the sold sign on the lawn?" Dad asks/yells at me.

"I think you know the answer to that." Mom says.

"You're grounded. Go to your room." Dad says.

"Uh, you don't understand anything!" I yell at them going to my room and slamming my door I flop onto my bed, dad and mom talking just out in the kitchen.

"I can't believe this Frankie, I really can't where did this come from?" Dad asks.

"I don't know Mike." She answers. "We should go talk to the new neighbors." She says, "Bring Axl, he should apologize to her in person."

"Axl get out here!" Dad yells.

"What? Gah, you're so confusing, you ground me, send me to my room, then you want me here?"