Epilogue.

*Four Months Later*

I nervously bounce my leg in my seat, earning a look of annoyance from the girl beside me, but I couldn't care less. No, I'm too anxious to care. My phone buzzes in my hand and drags my attention away from the stage in front of me.

I can see your leg bouncing, Cupcake. You'll be fine -Z

I look up and glance to the side, smiling gratefully when I meet Zander's loving smile staring back at me.

God, I love that boy.

The principle calls out another name, and another student walks onto the stage proudly with a gigantic smile on his face. He grabs his diploma and holds it up in the air, the audience cheers even louder as he turns and walks back off the stage. I stare after him with wonder, my gut clenching with fear. If I even in the slightest were to try that, I'd fall flat on my face. And it's even a vertical motion! 

Soon, half the students have been called up to the stage and it's getting closer and closer to being my turn next. Gina got called up already, seeing as they're doing alphabetically by everyone's first names. Poor Zander is going to be the last one going up. They're currently at the M stage, with only a few more students to go before they hit my section. Lord help me.

I chew on my bottom lip nervously and bounce my leg again, my fingers twisting my necklace back and forth. There's only two people in the entire school, the entire school!, with S in their first names. You guessed it, me and Samantha Willow. But as I'm sitting here, all of us in alphabetical seating order, Samantha is no where in sight and the seat beside me is empty.

"Sarah Jones!"

I jump in surprise then quickly stand, awkwardly smiling and waving at the people clapping and cheering as I make my on stage. My gown sways as I walk, just barely brushing across the floor because of my height. Given, I could have worn heels to help with that, but why wear heels when you could just wear converse?

"WOO, SARAH, WOO!!" I look out to the audience quickly, my cheeks burning wildly at the sight of Gina and Zander standing in their seats, my parents not too far behind them along with Gina's mom, all cheering loudly. I walk up to my principle and grin widely.

He smiles at me fondly and hands me my diploma, "Well done, Sarah." He reaches out to shake my hand, but in a moment of confidence, I raise my hand up for a high five instead. He chuckles and high fives me, then ushers me to the other side of the stage. Everyone cheers and claps as I walk off the stage and another student gets called up. I walk/run down to the spot where the already called students sit to wait. Gina waves me over to her, a huge grin on her face too. I sit down beside her quickly and turn slightly to face her.

"We made it!" I whisper yell, gripping her hands in mine. She nods excitedly then yanks me forward, wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug.

"We made it." She sniffles against my shoulder, "I couldn't have been able to do it without you."

My eyes water at the sweet words, forcing back a sniffle I pull away slightly so I can look at her clearly, "You're stronger than you know," She smiles through her tears and pulls me back into the hug. I giggle softly, "Of course, I'll take some of the credit."

She gasps and pulls away again, slapping my arm playfully. We laugh at our own stupidity then turn back towards the stage. There're only a few students left before Zander. I glance over at him, his leg is bouncing with nerves as he stares up at the stage. I grin widely and shake my head. And he thought I was being ridiculous. I pull out my phone and shoot a quick text, looking back up to watch him closely.