Chapter 12. Blackmail Buddies.

"What?" I look at him in disbelief, my eyes wide and my body going completely still. He can't be serious.

He smiles and nods, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "Just one kiss, everyday. It's all I ask."

He is being serious.

"You're insane! I'm not kissing you, let alone everyday!" I scream at him and move forward, poking his chest angrily. This only seems to piss him off, since he grabs my hand and pulls me towards him until I'm flush against his chest.

"It doesn't have to be an actual kiss, Cupcake. Just like on my cheek or something, doesn't have to be on my lips." He rolls his eyes and pushes me away again, then the stupid smirk reappears, "Unless, of course, you want to do it that way. I'm all for it." He winks and leans back against the rack, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"No way!" By now my cheeks are completely red and flushed. I'm not even sure if it's from the fact that I'm mad or the fact of how embarrassing this all really is . . .

His smirk fades and he gives me a hard scowl, "Fine, then I'm sure you won't mind me showing everyone your underwear, would you?" I glance down at the ground, my eyes starting to tear up.

"So what, you're going to blackmail me? Is this what this is?" My words were meant to come out strong but only came out shaky and scared. Like a nervous little kitten. My gosh, someone just kill me now, please?

"Uh, yeah. That's exactly what this is. Look, it's just one kiss. Everyday. Isn't that hard to accomplish!" He sighs in frustration and starts rubbing his forehead, acting as if I'm the one being difficult here. Yeah right, buddy. As if.

Even so, it's not like I have a choice. It's either that or show the whole school what underwear I fancied as a growing teenager, lord knows how well that will go down.

I groan in complete and utter defeat, looking up at him with tired eyes. "Just one kiss?"

He looks back up at me, something like hopefulness shining in his eyes. Nodding he pushes off the side of the rack and slowly walks towards me and takes my hands in his, "Just one."

I nod slowly, "Fine," I glare down at his stupid hands, basically sealing a deal with the devil himself. No, not the devil himself. That's just putting what he is nicely.

He smiles and brings my hands up to his lips, gently planting a kiss on my knuckles. I flush bright red, ripping my hands away from his.

"See you later, Cupcake." With that, he walks out of the little room, leaving me confused and bright red. I don't even know what to think right now. 

~~~~~

Zander's P.O.V.

Her doe-like eyes stare up at me with confusion, her cheeks a scarlet red. She's making it hard for me to want to stay away. I hate it.

I turn my smile into a smirk, moving away from her. "See you later, Cupcake." With that, I walk out of the little room and head down the hall. I'm actually really surprised she agreed, I mean, I wasn't expecting it to go that smoothly.

I take a glance at the wall clock hanging along the wall, and almost sprinting when I read the time. 3:45, I'm going to be late. I rush outside to get on my bike, starting it up and taking off so fast I thought I was going to tip over and die.

Sarah runs through my mind, how her soft hands felt in mine, almost like they fit perfectly.

It needs to stop.