Chapter 33. Eyes Like Comets.

Zander's P.O.V.

She glares at me intensely, her hands wrapped tightly around the same remote I'm holding onto.

"Zander, it's only fair. Let go of the remote!" She tries and fails to pull it out of my grip, losing her hold on the end of it. I quickly move my hand up to cover the spot hers just freed, giving more room to tug it in my direction.

"Do you guys think Kyle likes me?"

She glares at me intensely, "Zander, I swear to fudge."

An evil grin spreads across my lips, the remote getting closer to my chest. She huffs loudly and keeps pulling, her body hovering half way off the couch. If I were to just simply let go, she'd fall right to the floor!

"C'mon Cupcake, you know it's my turn again just let go of the remote!" I give it one last pull and victoriously free it from her grip. She yelps in surprise and reaches out for help. I quickly wrap my arm around her waist and pull her into my chest so she doesn't fall. She smiles softly in thanks, her eyes starring right into mine captivating me in them.

Comets. Beautiful comets.

"You really should pay more attention."

I frown in confusion and look down at my hand, my eyes widening when I see that it is now remote free. What the . . . ? Sarah grins evilly and quickly hops off the couch, darting into the kitchen. I grumble in annoyance and quickly go after her.

"Give it back!" I leap towards her, but she dodges my arms and runs out of the kitchen and down the hall.

"Never! Death before dishonor!"

I groan loudly again, "You always say that!" A smile breaks across my face as I make my way back into the living room. I scan the couch area then stop my eyes on Gina. "Where'd she go?"

She snorts loudly, "Like I would betray my best friend," She looks up at my hard scowl and immediately throws her hands up in defense, "I don't know where she went, dude."

Something drops in the hallway, drawing our attention towards it. Sarah looks back up from where the coat fell to us, her eyes widening when she sees us. She turns and darts off down the hall. I start into action, quickly catching up to her before she has a chance to get into the kitchen. I pick her up and drape her over my shoulder, laughing loudly when she squeaks in surprise.

Her fists pound against my back, "Unhand me you fruit loop dingus!" She shouts in protest, her legs swinging out to make me unbalanced. I laugh loudly again, carrying her back into the living room and tossing her on the couch.

"My goodness, you two are like an old married couple." Gina grins widely from her spot on the chair, her phone pointed in our direction. I roll my eyes and sit down beside Sarah, lifting her legs to rest on my lap. Gina laughs at my dismay, shaking her head at the both of us.

Sarah sits up and pushes her now wild hairs from her face, a silly grin spreading across her face. She looks over at Gina, her grin instantly dropping into a worried smile. "What, is there something on my face?" I frown in confusion and lean forward to see what's happening.

Gina grins widely, "Sarah, if I didn't know you and wasn't just here for the past ten minutes, I would've thought you just got outta the sack." She wiggles her eyes at us suggestively. I choke on air, my ears instantly burning red. I take note to Sarah's rumpled clothes and messy hair, then look down at my similar condition. Oh shit, what if her parents were to walk in and see us like this?!

"Ow!" Gina yells in shock. I look up to see her cradling her cheek, playfully glaring at Sarah who is laughing so hard she's halfway off the couch again.