Chapter 2 - Monday Blue's

BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!

The sound of my alarm rudely woke me. Yawning, I turned over and stared at my digital alarm clock. The bright red numbers read "6:45". I threw my hand on top of the alarm and pressed the "snooze" button. I snuggled back under my covers ready to slip back into my dream world.

"LARA GET UP NOW! YOU HAVE SCHOOL!" Mom screamed so loud our next door neighbour possibly heard her. We just had 6 weeks off school which for most girls my age was a time to relax and spend time with family and friends. But for me, my holiday had consisted of staying in, looking after mom and cherishing any time I had spare. It wasn't easy and I couldn't wait to go back to school... even though there it was no better...

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps storming up the stairs and Mom huffing and puffing. My door slammed open and my mom stood there. Her bright red hair stood on ends and her face was a ripe pink colour. Her teeth and fists were both clenched. She can be so scary. She stormed over to my bed, grabbed my hair and hauled me out of bed. I hit the floor with a bang.

"WHEN I SAY GET OUT OF BED, DO IT!" she screamed in my face. Fighting back tears I lay on the floor feeling intimidated and scared. I knew she would get even more angry if I started to cry.

"Now get dressed and get ready for school, immediately!" and with that she turned on her heels and slammed the door. I took a minute to catch my breath before I stood up and began to get ready for school.

By this time it was already 7:10, which meant I had 5 minutes to get dressed and do my hair and makeup. I ran over to my wardrobe and pulled out our school dress. It was a horrible dark blue colour with the most boring checkered design I'd ever seen. The shape of the dress wasn't exactly flattering either. It was extremely baggy and made me look even more skinny than I was. Even though I was 17 I had the body of an 11 year old, and the school dress did me no favours! I stared at my reflection and sighed. My hair looked as though I had been in a wind storm and stuck up everywhere. I grabbed my brush and brushed all the knots out of my hair. After I had finished I grabbed my mascara and quickly applied some to my awfully short eyelashes. Throwing on my shoes I grabbed my school backpack and headed downstairs.

"Do you want any breakfast sweetie?" Mom asked as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I rolled my eyes and replied

"No thanks Mom"

"Ok, Have a good day then honey"

It frustrated me so much how she just switched but I was used to it by now. It became a normal occurrence for her.

Before leaving I bent down and fussed Lola our little retriever. Even though she was only a dog I felt like she was my friend and understood what I was going through. I gently kissed her on the head and opened the door.

Stepping outside I felt the cool summer breeze hit my face. It gave me an optimistic view of the day but I knew it wouldn't last. I knew Kim and the others would be there waiting for me, waiting for me to slip up. With every step I took I felt more and more sick. I tried to take my mind of them but nothing worked. I couldn't stop thinking about what they would do to me this term...

Hi guys thanks so much for reading! What do you think so far? Any feedback would be appreciated! if you enjoyed please vote and follow me?

D x