"How can I not when you look so cute?" I mumble. Where did that boldness come from?

She smiles broadly and shimmies her shoulders at me. "Erin Gilbert thinks I'm cute?" She asks, her voice raising an octave to sound jokingly childish.

"Isn't that the point of a date?" I grab loosely on the sides of her opened jacket. She looks down at my hands and takes a step closer to where our noses are inches apart. When she looks back at me, her pupils are blown and the look on her face sends a clear message: desire.

Now she bites her lip, also raising her eyebrow again, confidence exuding from her. She cocks her head slightly, moving closer until her lips tentatively make contact with mine. Her lips are warm and soft against me and her breath smells like spearmint. My arms absentmindedly rests on her shoulders while her hands sit lightly on my hips. My whole body warms and suddenly feels like a furnace. I want all of Holtz, right here, right now, but I know that would be inappropriate. I always assumed that if she kissed me in public, my self-consciousness would kick in full force, keeping me from enjoying it, but that isn't happening. In fact, I want everyone to know she's mine. But is she mine? We haven't really discussed anything like that yet.

I part my lips, wanting to deepen the kiss, when someone behind us clears their throat. We break away and look ahead. The line has moved clear up to the entrance of the haunted house. In fact, we're next to go in.

"Shit, I guess we better get moving!" Holtz says winking and stepping away from me, grabbing my hand.

A woman's voice says, "I'm sorry we had to interrupt, you guys are so cute." The couple behind us, who, I assumed, had cleared their throats stood smiling at us.

"Isn't she though?" Holtz says and squeezes my hand. My face turns bright red and I drag her to the entrance.

When we get to the bloody nurse at the gate, she asks how many.

"Two." Holtz answers.

"Welcome to the Hospital of Hell," she squeals. "Step up to the door and the good doctor will show you inside!"

We step past her, Holtz tipping an imaginary hat at her, and stand in front of a huge wooden door.

"Are you scaaaaared?" Holtz teases, poking me in the sides.

I laugh. "Not yet! We haven't even gone inside!"

The door opens and a bloody doctor holding a bone saw greets us. "WELCOME to the the HOSPITAL OF HELL!" He screams. He opens the door completely and motions for us to go in. I step in first, grabbing one of Holtzmann's hands. She stands behind me, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Ready, hotstuff?" She whispers in my ear. Her breath is warm against my skin and I close my eyes for a moment in an attempt to keep my libido in check. She ungrasps my hand and instead wraps both her arms around my waist, pulling me closer to her front. I can feel her breasts against my back and a myriad of inappropriate thoughts flood my brain. I'm thankful for the darkness of the room to hide my bright red face.

We start walking, Holtz gripping my waist the whole way. The first room we venture in is set up like a child's room, with an evil looking kid sitting in a bed. When we walk by it, a hands juts out from under the bed frame, attempting to grab our ankles. I jump and start running through the room with Holtz somehow still attached to my waist and giggling wildly behind me. The next several rooms have various mental patients torturing each other and threatening us. Then we get to a long hallway with bars on each side, resembling jail cells. Each one is darkened which makes it impossible to see inside.