CHAPTER NINE

My head was throbbing with pain. I closed my eye lids firmer so the migraine could pass. I sure knew what i needed. I needed my mother. It had been long since I last got a migraine headache. They had started afew years after my dad had been sent to prison but mum seemed to always have a solution. She would come to my bedroom with a glass of her blended herbs, that she planted in huge vases on the veranda and prompt me to take it in one go. She would then massage my scalp till I slept and when I woke up, I would have a clear head.
I applied more pressure on my eye lids and imagined mum's hands in my hair, slowly massaging my scalp, and slowly begun to relax, pushing the pain some how to the back. I started taking slow calming breaths till my moment was broken by an annoying male question."is she up yet or we'll have to pour some water on her?"
So long for calming my migraine away. I forced my eyes open and struggled to find focus through my squinted eyes. I looked around and took in my surroundings. I was lying on some old brown couch, some room I have never been two and two men were staring down on me. I tried to get up but it was not possible coz my hands were in hand cuffs. "Jesus," I mattered. "Where the hell am I and what is going on? I looked up resigned as another wave of migraines hit me. "I need an aspirin." I tried to look up to the guys. One was all dressed official in a clean, cut, fitting suit while the other was so casual to a vest and sports pants like he was coming from the gym or something. I could tell from the sweat glow on his muscles and chiseled face.
He mumbled something to the guy in the suit and then started talking to me after he had left. I prayed for one thing only, that he had gone to look for aspirin. The vested guy looked at me closely and bent forward to ask, " who sent you?."
All the time am here wondering how I got into this place and he tells me I was sent??? I looked at him after this great discovery and asked stupidly. "I was sent? Why? Who would do that?" The guy just smirked at me and sighed."look here lady, I have no time to waste here. I want to know who sent you to kidnap my daughter and you better hurry up and tell me.!"
Slowly, the realisation sank in." Am sorry if I took your daughter away from your men but they sure looked scary and I had to save the young girl from them."
He looked taken aback from what I had said." Save?? Did you want more money?whom are you working with? Tell me who sent you?" He was technically yelling by the last sentence.
I looked at him with a steady resolve. " you are questioning the wrong person. I wasn't sent by any one. And I hope the girl is fine."
Some emotion went through his eyes. It was just a tiny flick and they got masked. I couldn't tell what it was because i generally sucked at reading personalities or branding emotions. I took a calm breath and continued talking. " look here good sir, I think you have the wrong guy here. I have a threatening migraine. I want to go home and and cool it off. Can some one remove this so I can go?" I said as I motioned to the cuffs on my hands.
He smirked at me again. On second thoughts he was real good looking. " so this is how you want to play? Feign innocence and get away? Fine.!" He came forward and removed my hand cuffs. The look he was giving me was so cold, but I tried hard to keep my calm and not break down. I needed to go home. He laughed ridiculously and smirked at me again. " you are free to go."
Ohhh.. I moved around him and looked around me. I figured out i was in some hideous house and moved fast to the door and through it and two more before I was well out of the house. Good enough no one had touched me coz I was still dressed the way I was the night before. I started panicking when I realised I didn't know where I was. Touching my jean pockets I found my phone and called Maze. I couldn't think of any one else. I explained to her some of the street posters and she told me to walk just a few more blocks and find a park so she could pick me there.
I was so engrossed on the conversation on my phone, while getting directions to the park, as I gently pressed the back of my neck to reduce my headache that up to today I can't tell you how it happened. One moment I was on phone, and the next, I was flying mid air and fell in one lump in the middle of the road. I had been knocked down by a car, while walking on the pavement innocently.