Chapter 7: Love in War

Two days passed since they lost Lancer. Sol, Lucy, Rider, and Assassin were walking on a trail in a forested area just outside of Swanton, Ohio. "I can't believe the old man sent us out in the woods like this.", said Lucy.

         "What's really weird is how even though we are searching for Caster, Henry insisted on finding Caster on his own, without a servant.", added Sol.

         "Yeah, but maybe he forgot he lost Lancer."

         "Good thing that the war is usually fought at night to keep it secret, instead of the broad day light we are in."

        Earlier that day, Henry told Sol, Rider, Lucy and Assassin, "Since you two don't have classes to go to today, I advise we begin our operations early today.", said Henry.

        Lucy asked, "Why can't we just enjoy the weekend for once?"

        "The war will not stop just because it's the weekend, so we shouldn't either. Now, let begin talking about today.", Henry answered.

         The plan was to search for a lab that could be used by Caster in the woods. Teams would be decided when they got to the site, but before they headed out, Henry wanted to talk to the Servants alone. Lucy and Sol though nothing of it and left them alone.

        "Listen, Rider, Assassin, I need both of you to do something. When we get to the forest, I will be doing the investigating on my own as a good old fashioned covert operation. However, if I bring those two with me, they might blow my cover. Besides, they do need to get along a little better, simply for the sake of their survival. So, do you both understand what I'm asking from you."

       Rider and Assassin looked at each other, and chuckled a little. Assassin said, "I dunno, I was known to slash women up, not get them in a good mood."

        In a mocking tone. Rider giggled, "Well, shouldn't be too hard from my end since I was able to get my master to admit he liked Lucy."

       "No way, I was able to get mine to admit she likes yours."

        Henry looked confused. "I just assumed they didn't like each other period. But why do they act like they hate each other?"

         Both Servants coughed, "Lucy." Henry gave it some thought, and said, "What did she do?"

         Rider said, "She told Sol, 'I don't like you or anything.' That made us believe in the hate on our end."

         Assassin added, "Her reasons were that she claimed that everyone she tried to have something with ran away from her because she came on too strong."

         Henry said, "Well, you two can figure something for tomorrow, since you know these kids better than me."

         Sol and Lucy was walking through the woods, with Servants in spirit form, when they heard rustling nearby. Lucy lifted her finger, but Sol quickly moved in front of her and pointed his palm to the bush. Then, a deer popped its head out of bush, and looked at the two masters before running off. Lucy punched Sol in the arm, "I can watch out for myself thank you very much." Sol and Lucy continued to walk deeper into the woods, searching for any evidence of a lab or hideout. They haven't talked much since they started the mission. Assassin took his head out of spirit form and asked, "Why so silent, it's pretty boring watching the two of you walk without a conversation."

        Lucy scoffed, "I rather not talk while on a mission."

        Rider took her head out of spirit form and asked, "He's right though, a quiet conversation won't kill you two."