Chapter 2: Alliance

Sol woke up in a daze, and beside him, the woman that saved him sat near him drinking tea. Sol look around and saw he was in a dark office, with Assassin and Lucy tied up in a corner. He realized that he was free, and Lancer and Professor Lawrence where sitting on a desk, watching them.

         "So you're up.", Professor Lawrence said to Sol. "Now let us begin with me answering you questions calmly."

         Sol looked him in the eye, and saw a trusting look from Professor Lawrence. "What's going on?", asked Sol.

         "Long story short, you got involved in the Holy Grail War.", answered Professor Lawrence.

         Sol knew what it was, but always figured it wasn't real. That when he did some thinking, and asked, "So, you're a master?"

         Professor Lawrence said, "Yes my boy. I am one of 7 master chosen for the War, along with my Servant, Lancer." Sol looked at Lancer, who winked at him, and Sol then looked to Lucy. Professor Lawrence said, "And yes, Lucy is a master too, and her Servant is Assassin.". Sol then looks to the woman, and then to the strange markings on the back of his hands.

         "So do these mean...", he asked.

         Professor Lawrence responded with, "Yes my boy, you are a master too. And this woman beside you is your servant."

         He looked at her and asked, "What class are you?"

         Professor Lawrence began, "I already meet Berserker, Caster, and Archer, as well as Assassin, and Lancer is my servant. Leaving only Saber or Rider. She is way too fast to be a Saber though, so her class is ..."

         "Rider", Sol finished. The woman, got up and kneeled in front of Sol, and said, "I am Rider, I look forward to working with you, my master."

          "Let me go now." Lucy shouted, ruining their moment. Professor Lawrence got up and said to Lucy, "Why, so that you can lose and die. Form the looks of it, the masters are stronger than me, and your servant just lost to another whose master don't even know what the hell is going on. If I were you little lady, I would listen."

        Lucy closed her mouth angrily. "Silence I like it. Now kids listen, I may need your help for this. I ran into 3 other servants the other night, and each one of them was either equal, or stronger than Lancer."

         Lucy and Sol stood silently," And judging how they didn't need assistance from their masters to fight like they did, they themselves must be tough. Now I propose an Alliance. Between the three of us, we can beat the four others. Any questions?"

         Lucy asked, "If we do beat them?"

         Professor Lawrence chuckled, "Let's not talk about it."

         Sol asked, "Of the 3 servants, was one of the them a Saber-class?"

         Lucy looked to Professor Lawrence. "No, meaning that we have not meet the strongest Servant yet."

         Sol said, "I'll Join you then."

         Professor Lawrence looked delighted, but Lucy said," I'd rather win the grail on my own."

         Professor Lawrence said "Okay, good luck fighting alone, by the way, you know your servant's strengths and weaknesses, right?"

          She thought for a minute, and said, "Fine, I'll join, but I'm not going to like it.".

          Professor Lawrence said, "Excellent, now we will meet tomorrow after my class in my office, agreed." Sol and Lucy nodded. He continued, "Great, now run off to sleep, it's Midnight and we have a long day tomorrow." Assassin and Lucy were untied, and Sol decided to walk Lucy to her dorm building.

          On the way to Lucy's dorm, Sol said, "So, we both got dragged in the grail war."

          She scoffed at him, "Unlike you, I actually wanted to be a part of this." Sol said, "Oh, sorry."

           Lucy stopped and said, "Listen, I don't trust Lawrence, so, if you see him doing anything to jeopardize the Alliance, you have to work with me to kill him, understood?"

           Sol looked at the ground, and said "Yes." They continued walking, till they got to the dorms. "Well, here we are.", Sol said.

           "I see that, now go to your dorm. Oh, and don't be late, I don't want to get dragged down by you or tardiness."

           "Okay, geez.", he replied.

           Lucy went to her dorm, leaving Sol to walk alone to his dorm, or not.

           "She seems like a nice person to work with Master." Said Rider. "Don't call me Master, please call me Sol."

           "Understood Mast... I mean Sol.", she said. They continued walking, and Rider said to him, "You know the Grail only picks mages that have strong desires."

           Sol thinks and asks, "Really, I'm guessing you want to know mine, right?"

           "If it's not too much of an issue."

           "I really don't know, world peace I guess."

           "Peace huh, how noble, even if you need to get your hands dirty?"

           "Well, what is it that you want, Rider?"

            "All I really want is to become a Legendary Hero."

            He laughed, and while Rider gave him a dirty look, she smiled and said, "I guess that's fair." As they both approached Sol's dorm building dorm, Sol said to Rider, "You know Rider, I know we are going to make a great team."