"That you will," I told her, mustering up the last bit of enthusiasm I had before I waved and turned on my heel.

<<>><<>> 

Study hall came and went, as did Algebra 2 and Creative Writing, two classes that I absolutely dread. I just don't understand Algebra 2 and my Creative Writing teacher is a jerk, even I know that. I don't think he has a good bone in his body. When Physics came around, I wanted to cry out in frustration. I already have a headache and I don't think I can deal with Mrs. Joni's lecture.

I slowly made my way towards the girl's bathroom. I've never skipped class before. I walked towards a stall without even glancing into a mirror and entered the small cubicle. I put the toilet seat cover down and sat on it, pulling my legs up to my chest. I stared at the tiled floor, listening to the bell as it rang loudly. The bathroom door opened and a loud group of girls entered, their loud laughter filling the once silent bathroom. My breath caught in my throat.

"I really have to pee,"  girl said and I couldn't recognize her voice. They were definitely seniors. I know of everyone in the junior class, though they don't really know me.

"Then go pee, stop announcing it to the world," another girl snapped, obviously irritated.

"No need to be rude, Payton," the first girl replied. I heard the locking of a stall door and I stared at the lock on my stall, hoping they wouldn't try and use this bathroom.

I closed my eyes and held them tightly shut, listening to them speak. They were cut off at one point by an announcement but they didn't seem to care. "Can we leave now? This bathroom is starting to smell like pee."

Payton snorted. "Sure, whatever, let's go."

The moment they left the bathroom, I let out a sigh. It turned out to be a sob and after the first one escaped, I couldn't stop them. My body was shaking with sobs as I sat there, sitting on a toilet seat, hugging myself, alone, in an empty bathroom.

<<>><<>> 

After rinsing my face again, I walked to lunch, my eyes redder than they were before. I ended up going to Art. If he saw my face, Mr. Komodo didn't bother to say anything. I don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I didn't ponder the subject and instead, entered the cafeteria and just like this morning, my gaze met Ronnie's. He scoffed as if I was one of the most pathetic things he'd ever seen in his life.

I averted my gaze and got into the lunch queue, my stomach growling. I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon, when Marissa and I hung out at my house; my empty, lonely house. I walked to the lunch table and placed my bag on one of the seats before sitting down in the opposite one. I bit into the ham and cheese sandwich, glad that there was only a light layer of mayonnaise.

I sipped my drink and looked around, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I cried for a whole half an hour when I was supposed to be in Physics, a class I didn't even want to take. Right now, all I want to do is sleep. "Where were you?"

I crane my neck to see Marissa walking towards me, a determined look on her face. "Huh?"

She sighs. "During Physics, I was waiting for you," she told me.

I shrugged. I didn't realize she knew we had the same class. "I was in the bathroom."

"So...you skipped?" she asked me, chuckling lightly, and I nodded. "You skipped?"

I nodded again and she laughed, smiling at me. "You actually skipped." She moved my bag towards the floor before placing her tray on the table.

"It wasn't hard to do. I just walked into the bathroom and didn't walk out until the bell rang," I responded, shrugging slightly.