Injustice AU Prolugue

22 February,  2020, Gotham PD 

It had started off a normal day, everything was normal 

And that's why it felt off 

Everyone could feel it today 

Today it just.......felt off 

Everything was too calm 

Even Gotham was peaceful, Gotham? PEACEFUL? Those are two words no one ever expected to hear together 

But.......

Then it came all falling apart 

The JL had gotten word from Superman that his wife, Lois Lane, had been kidnapped......by the Joker. Everyone was on edge now, Joker had kidnapped Supermans wife. Batman was scouring the streets of Gotham endlessly searching for his friends wife. The rest of the JL was searching everywhere they could think of, but Superman? Clark was flying everywhere looking for her, he had flown across the globe for hours looking for his wife, the mother of his son Jon. 

About Jon........Jon was panicking searching every single major city he could possibly think of. The rest of the Titans were doing likewise: Red X had gone back to Gotham to help his father in the search, Starfire (who had recently joined the JL) was helping Raven search, Quickspeed (Wally West) was speeding through the American Midwest, Beast (Beast boy, he changed his name after he turned 19 to just Beast) was with Terra looking through Metropolis in their search, Nightwing was in Bludháven with his wife Oracle (Barbara Grayson) searching. 

Everyone was searching for what felt like forever......and then it happened 

It happened so fast that some people couldn't even comprehend it at first 

Metropolis gone....blown up in a nuclear explosion 

Terra and Garfield......dead...

Lois Lane.....dead 

The 2.3 million people in Metropolis....all dead 

And all because of him 

The Joker 

____________________

"WHO GAVE YOU THE NUKE!" Batman screamed at Joker as he punched the desk, eyes filled with rage. 

Joker laughed as he simply treated the situation, everything he had just done as a big hilarious joke. 

"Ah ah  ahhhh Batsy! revealing that would just spoil everything and that's no fun" Joker said with his devious smile as he began to cackle again. 

Batman growled as he punched the Joker breaking his nose 

"I'm losing my patience Joker tell me now! Cause if you don't I'll-" before he could finish the Joker interrupted him 

"Or what Batman? You'll beat me unmercifully extra hard this time?" He said with barely contained laughter 

Batman grabbed the jokers head and slammed it onto the table, deep down however he knew the Joker was right: what could Batman do? He'd already succeeded, there was nothing Batman could do even with all his rage. 

________________

Red X stood outside the room where the Joker was being interrogated in, he could hear the sounds of his father beating on the Joker, the laughter the Joker gave off from each punch, and his father screaming in frustration and anger. 

Damian wondered in his head,

How could of this happened, all of these people just....dead. Jon's mother is dead and so are Garfield and Terra.