Chapter 22

Shawn's POV-

In two days it's the first day of college.

We were all driving into NY, we've never been there before. We've only ever been in Texas.

Brook sat in the passenger seat up front with me, and Jayden and Taylor sat in the back.

The atmosphere wasn't filled with anger or hatred.

Taylor and Jayden are both going to NYU, and Brook and I are going to Juilliard.

It was 6pm. We've been driving for like 6 hours and right now we're in Alabama.

The drive is 27 hours.

The agreement was that each of us would drive for 6 hours. My shift is over.

"Brook" I whispered pulling over.

I turned to her.

"You wanna go next?"

She nodded and got out of the car. she went around and got into the driver's seat and started driving again.

"You excited for the city?" I asked.

She smiled.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see all the lights and the buildings, and all the people." she said her eyes sparkling.

I laughed, whenever Brook got excited, her eyes got even bigger than they already were.

Suddenly i heard snoring.

I looked behind me to see Jayden knocked out.

"Oh my god." Brook said laughing a little.

"Shes so cute." I said looking at her.

"Ok ew. Please do not get all lovey dovey on me." She begged.

I rolled my eyes and went a back to playing on my phone.

Brook's POV-

The clock struck 12am and my shift was up. It was really dark, you couldn't see much except for the few feet in front of you which the headlights revealed.

I pulled over. Shawn had already driven, and Jayden refuses to drive at night.

Everyone was sleeping anyway.

I bit my lip.

"Taylor" I whispered.

He didn't wake up.

"Taylor" I said a little louder, shaking his shoulder.

He woke up.

"What? Brook? What's wrong?" he asked sleepily.

"I'm really tired and my 6 hours is up.... Um do you mind.... driving ne-"

"Of course" he said cutting me off.

"Thank you" I said.

"No problem" he answered.

We changed spots in the car.

He started driving. Just looking down the road. Quietly.

"Are you ok Taylor?" I asked him.

He stayed quiet.

"Taylor. Taylor?" I said again.

Still no answer.

"If your mad at me I understand but at least ha-" suddenly he cut me off.

"NOTHING IS OK. IM NOT OK." He said raising his voice.

I was shocked and worried.

He started to pull over.