Chapter 10

Jayden's POV

I was sitting next to Brooklyn in the waiting room, along with the whole football team. Shawn was friends with everyone. The waiting room was basically the 'Shawn Room' right now.

It's been 2 hours since the hit and we still haven't heard from a doctor. We forfitted the game because no one wanted to play, they we all too worried about Shawn.

After what seemed like forever, a doctor finally came through the door.

"Mendes, Shawn?"

Everyone stood up.

The doctor looked shocked but came towards us.

"Well, Shawn had an awful concusion, and he was suffering from severe dehydration. He's had 2-3 bags of saline put into his system but he has yet to awake. We expect him to awake from 1-4 hours. However, you can see him now but only one person in the room at a time." he finished.

I looked at Mrs. Mendes.

I nodded to her, she should go first.

I stayed with Aaliyah, she suddenly held my hand.

I couldn't cry, because then she would know something was wrong and that it wasn't okay.

But it was going to be okay. Its going to be okay.

I looked over to Brooklyn who was on the other side of the waiting room. She was crying into Taylor's chest. He was rubbing her back whispering 'it's gonna be okay.'

Brook and I have known Aaliyah since forever, but I don't think she recognized Brook with Taylor.

I squeezed her hand.

"It's going to be okay." I whispered.

Then the door swung open. Aaliyah went in next, then Brooklyn, then Taylor, then everyone else.

Finally I went in.

I walked really slow.

I tried to think of something else so I wouldn't cry.

I walked into Room 12.

A boy with messed up hair, in a football uniform, his eyes closed.

The beeping of the heart-rate machine reassured me he was still here.

He was still here.

I ran to the bed and sat next to him.

I took his hand and intertwined it with mine.

"God Shawn, why'd you have to do this to me" I whispered.

"You're not gonna leave me, I know your not. You're too strong, you have so many things to live for. Shawn, you're the bravest, sweetest, sexiest, most beautiful man I have ever met, and I am honored to be called your girlfriend." I stated starting to sob.

"Please wake up Shawn, Please" I begged.

Nothing.

Tears running down my cheeks I kissed him on the lips.

I turned away to the door.

"Jay?" I heard a faint whisper.

I spun around to see Shawn with his eyes barely opening.

"Shawn!" I exclaimed running back to him.

I began to cry into my hands.

"Jay, don't cry, don't cry. I'm fine, look babe I'm right here I'm fine." he said holding my hand.