"To be honest,", You say drunkenly, holding your finger up, "I have nooooo idea what you're talking about." You boop Oikawa's nose. "But what I knooow is that Hajiiiiiime has aaaaaaaaaalways been protecting me. I would DIE without hiiim!"

"You will die because of him." Oikawa mumbles and begins to drive you to your apartment. "Whatever you say, golden trashbag~" You mutter and feel yourself fall asleep.

.~.

The next day you wake up with an intense headache, causing you to groan once you wake up. "First and last time drinking." You groan and stand up to walk to your living room where Iwaizumi is. As soon as he spots you, he approaches you worried. "What happened with Oikawa yesterday?" He asks, grabbing your shoulders and looking into your eyes. "I don't remember much but he said something about you and then something about me dying. I dunno. He's confusing as always, that handsome piece of garbage." You answer while giggling.

Iwaizumi lets go of you with a pondering expression and plops down on the sofa. "Tooru is actually a great driver, I must admit. I didn't think he would be such a responsible driver. Maybe he'll drive us to Disney La-" You ramble but get interrupted by Iwaizumi, "What would you think about me getting a girlfriend?" Your eyes widen for a moment and you examine his facial expression in order to tell if he's being serious or not. Something in your heart stings but you answer anyways, "As long as you don't abandon me, it's alright." You smile even though you don't feel much like doing so.

"You wouldn't be lonely?" He asks curiously. "I would probably wait for you here in the apartment until you get back from your dates like a dog would wait for his owner." You joke, letting out a nervous laugh. "I'm talking about when we're not in university and not living together anymore." Iwaizumi informs you seriously. Hurriedly, you sit down next to Iwaizumi on the couch and grab hold of his shirt. "Why are you so keen on getting rid of me all of a sudden, Hajime?" You ask, feeling tears well up in your eyes as you imagine a life without Iwaizumi. You didn't think it would affect you as much as it does now, making you wonder why.

"I am not. These are just what-ifs, (Y/N)." Iwaizumi assures. "You know what? Don't get a girlfriend. We'll live in this apartment until the world ends. We can let Tooru move in too. As long as no one finds their soulmate we'll be forever together." You utter desperately. "Don't you want to find your soulmate?" Iwaizumi questions concerned. "As long as I have you-" You exclaim quickly and interrupt yourself to rephrase your sentence, "and....and Tooru, I don't need a soulmate."

"(Y/N), you're making this hard for me. I don't want to be with you until eternity if we're only friends. I didn't want to say this, considering we're flatmates and it could make things very awkward but I have been in love with you ever since middle school. If you can only look at me as a friend then I don't want to be with you until the world ends. I'd rather grow old with you." Iwaizumi confesses, now making you cry. "Sure, let's do that. Let's grow old together." You exclaim panicky. "I think you are only saying this because you are in the opinion you can't live without me. Don't get these feelings mixed up with romantic feelings. They're not the same." Iwaizumi lets you know and stands up. "Where are you going?" You ask him in a sad voice. "Sorry, I need some fresh air." He says and exits the apartment, leaving you alone.

He walks downstairs to exit the building but as soon as he does, he bumps into Oikawa who is on his way to your apartment. "Iwa-chan, taking a walk?" Oikawa asks surprised. "I...yes, I just needed some fresh air." Iwaizumi sighs and rubs his forehead frustrated. "You confessed to (Y/N)-chan, didn't you?" Oikawa now inquires seriously. "How did you-" Oikawa interrupts, "I know you well, Iwa-chan. You always 'get some fresh air' when you mess up things with (Y/N)-chan. Let me tell you, though, you didn't mess up things this time. She is in love with you too."

"She only thinks of me as her protector or something like that." Iwaizumi insists. "Back in high school," Oikawa sighs, "When we practiced and (Y/N)-chan would come watching, the only person in her eyes was you. She always ran up to you instead of me. The only person she would talk about was you. That girl is clearly in love with you." His eyes have become glassy, his voice lower. "What about the soulmate thing?", Iwaizumi questions, "We can't grow old together. I'd want to have kids with her but not while we're young!"

"You're already growing old with her. Look at your first grey hair. Look at her forming wrinkles on her forehead. You two are soulmates." Oikawa points out and turns his back on Iwaizumi, so he wouldn't see his face. "You mean-" Iwaizumi cuts himself off, "I'm going back! Thanks, Oikawa!" Iwaizumi runs back into the building, leaving Oikawa alone.

Oikawa clenches his fists as he feels the first tears roll down his cheek. "I don't want to lose you both. Don't leave me alone." He mutters through his tears. "Don't grow old without me!" He shouts and punches the wall.

Meanwhile, Iwaizumi reenters his apartment to see you still sitting on the couch, crying. Before you can say anything, he grabs your shoulders and slams his lips onto yours. His hands find their way to your face, caressing it gently. Your tears stop and you feel yourself kiss back as you sling your arms around him.

After you two part, he looks deeply into your eyes, making you wonder if he is about to lean in again. "Let's grow old together." Iwaizumi proclaims. You commence to smile, "Yes, I'd like that."

Years pass and you both visibly get older day by day. Soon you have your first children. Everything is perfect. The only thing missing in your lives is Oikawa who stopped visiting you as often as he used to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I don't know why my one-shots are getting all serious and sad all of a sudden. Compare the first soulmate au one-shot to this one, lmao. Even I started crying (even if it was just like one or two tears) when Oikawa cried lol

Leave suggestions!

-jyanee =^.^=