Chapter 47

Y/N's POV

"Y-You can see m-me?"

"It's...uh, Bill."

"I'm a man of many secrets; I am no one like you've ever known before."

"Tell you what, how about we make a deal?"

"Pb suhflrxv olwwoh Vwdu..."

"W-Would you be willing...to go on a date with me?"

"Y/n L/n, my Star, I love you through all of time and through every single dimension and I can't lose you!"

"For once, your theories are right. I love you, Star."

A dream. Was it just that? A mere dream I conjured in my sleep? Have I been in my bed at home and not gotten up for the first day of summer yet? Had I not met the Pines nor had I fallen in love? Was it just all an illusion my mind created to try and tell me I'm not a freak and there are others like me?

Was it all just a dream?

His voice? His touch? His eye? Was it too good to be true? Was he just a figment of my imagination?

"If it was a dream, I would've made it a reality."

That voice, I know that voice. That demonic texture behind it is something I recognize. That hand caressing my cheek is so familiar like it has done it countless of times before. I open my eyes to be met with a golden cat-like one. The blonde messy hair placed upon his head just as it should be. The breathing patterns I can see when his chest moves up and down makes everything seem calm and okay. Like there is nothing wrong now.

Reality. All of it was real.

He smiles softly down at me as he is sitting up with my body still laying on what I assume to be my bed. I'm utterly speechless, not sure what to say. I recall what he had just said to me and as glimpses of his dead body and Weirdmaggedon are shown to me, I frown.

"It was more like a nightmare."

Bill chuckled as he continued to caress my cheek, "Was it really all that bad?"

"You died. I saw your lifeless body; you were an idiot to give me your powers knowing your condition without them."

Bill sits me up as I lay my head against his chest to hear his heart beat. I let out a sigh as I wrap my arms around him and hold him tighter. "You died..." I whispered remembering the memory.

"Yet, you saved me. My Star truly is my savior and the world's."

"How did you know I wouldn't have failed?"

Bill shrugged and looked down at me, "Truthfully, I didn't know. What I did know, however, was that you would be alive and safe."

I sat up as we stared at each other without saying a word. He grabbed my hand without looking away and just held onto it tightly. I look down, trying to not let the tears come out from imagining what would've happened if we didn't save him. "If you died, how could I continue living knowing that you were no longer in my life?"

He chuckles as I look up to meet his golden orb that pulls me in and doesn't seem to want to spit me out. Traitors escape my eyes the longer I look at him. Bill lifts his hand as he wipes the tears away while pulling me into a hug. "Well, I'm glad we're on the same page with that." We stay silent as the dream demon continues to rub my back in circles to try and relax me. Just knowing he's alive has calmed all my worries down. "You've missed some stuff, by the way, when you were asleep."

This startled me, "How long have I been asleep?"

"Three days. Don't worry, you didn't miss much. Sixer fixed the barrier and captured all the stray demons around the world with the help of his brother and brought them back here to Gravity Falls. We couldn't exactly risk opening the portal again without letting more of them into your world so we came to an agreement to let all of them stay. Once again, the demons see me as their leader and not that idiot with purple hair so I'm basically the one to keep them under control and not wreck the town again. A king to the demons who just follow my every command, if you will.