► Secrets

Tears formed in Scarlett's eyes as the ambulance drove off in the distance. It was taking Randy to the hospital after he had passed out. He had endured a beating, but worst of all, a heart break. His heart had been crushed after Jericho had shown him the "reality" of the situation. Scarlett blamed herself for everything that happened. Her love had been punished because of her actions, and it was all her fault, she though.

Out of the corner of her eye, Scarlett saw Chris Jericho and Mike being taken away by the police. They were both in handcuffs, rightfully so, and being escorted into the police cars. Scarlett shot them a glare and became infuriated when Chris smirked at her, like he was proud of what he had done. What kind of sick person takes joy in hurting others?

Scarlett's body tensed up as she tried to keep her poise. She had to hold herself back from pouncing on either of them and clawing their eyes out.

Phil put his hand on Scarlett's shoulder. "It's over, they can't hurt you," he reassured her.

Scarlett turned to him with tear ridden cheeks. "How do you know that? They always find a way Phil," she said with fear in her voice.

Phil sighed. "Because...." He wrapped his arms her and hugged her tightly. "I won't let them."

Scarlett felt the warmth of his chest when he hugged her. It was reassuring to know someone was always there for her through everything. No one had ever cared that much about her.

"Phil?" She broke the hug. "Can I ask you a question?" She looked up.

"Of course," he smiled.

"Why do you care so much?" She blurted.

"What do you mean?" Phil was confused.

"I mean," Scarlett paused, "No one's gone through this much trouble just to make sure I'm alright. Why do you care so much about me when there's so many better people out there?" She asked genuinely.

"Who says that anyone out there is better than you?" He smiled and chuckled softly.

Scarlett blushed.

"Eh-hem," Seth cleared his throat. "Sorry to interrupt your, uh, moment, but we have a party to get back to. Won't people think it's a little weird that the birthday girl is missing from her own party?"

Scarlett chuckled. Seth was right. "I guess we'll just be fashionably late then." It was Scarlett's birthday, so she was going to try to enjoy it while she could. She knew eventually she would have to face Randy, and not knowing his health condition scared her too.

But on the bright side, Scarlett had Phil right by her side, and she felt safe for once.

20 minutes later:

Scarlett rushed through the restaurant doors and bumped into someone of tall stature.

"There you are!" Her father exclaimed. "I've been looking for you everywhere."

"I, uh, just had business to attend to," Scarlett stuttered.

John then saw Phil and Seth walking in behind her through the door. "With them?" he raised his eyebrow.

Scarlett looked back and smiled. "Yeah, don't worry about it," she assured her father.

"Okay..." John replied, bewildered.

"I'll be right back," Scarlett told him as she ran beside him to then stand on top of a table.

John was definitely confused now.

"Ladies and gentleman," Scarlett started. "Can everyone listen up just for one minute?" Everyone turned their attention to her now. Scarlett took a deep breath and began again. "Okay, I know I was gone for a little bit, but I'm back now, and before we get on with the party, I just wanted to say a few things," she looked out at the faces staring at her. It felt weird to have everyone watching her. "First, I wanted to thank all of you for being here, I really did not expect a big turn out like this, all for me. And second, I wanted to thank a few people personally, you know who you are," Scarlett glanced at Phil from a distance. "Anyways, I wanted to thank all of you who have supported me. I know I can be tough to handle at times," she laughed at herself, "but you really are the best, and I don't know what I'd do without you," she now looked Phil straight in the eye and smiled. Phil stared back with a grin on his face. "I love you guys," Scarlett sighed in relief as she stepped down off the table.

Everyone applauded her "speech" and Scarlett smiled at their kind gesture in return. "You guys don't have to clap for me," she chuckled.

Scarlett peered over at Phil again who was now talking to Barb, so Scarlett turned her attention to Seth. She walked up to him and tapped his shoulder as he was at the bar again. "Hey," she spoke softly.

He whirled around and faced her. His big brown eyes stared back at her. "Hi," he smiled slightly.

"Why are you here again all by yourself?" She chuckled.

Seth shrugged as he sipped his shot of vodka.

"Come on, no one sits alone at a party," Scarlett teased him.

"I don't know," Seth shrugged again. "No one really likes me," a hint of sadness formed in his eyes.

Well this was awkward.

"Well I just wanted to say thanks for earlier. If it weren't for you, we couldn't of saved Randy," Scarlett changed the subject.

"No problem," Seth nodded and smiled shyly.

Then Scarlett heard a voice calling her name. "I'll be right there!" She shouted then turned her attention back to Seth. "Thanks again, seriously," she smiled.

But Seth just nodded in reply

Something about him made Scarlett feel bad. He was alone at her party, and there was nothing she could do about it. Seth must have felt so lonely, Scarlett thought, feeling a pang of guilt. But why was Seth so shy? That guy was a totally mystery to her.

"Scarlett!" The voice called again, breaking Scarlett from her thoughts.

Scarlett saw it Phil who was calling. "What?" She laughed.

"Your dad wants you," He told her.

"For what?" Scarlett raised an eyebrow.

"I---don't know," Phil stuttered as if he had other things on his mind. Scarlett noticed this as his facial expression turned somber. That was odd.

"Hey," Scarlett tapped his arm, now breaking him from his thoughts. Phil was confused as he was brought back to reality.

"What? What happened?" He seemed dazed.

"I don't know, you tell me," Scarlett answered.

"Huh?"

"What were you thinking about?" Scarlett questioned him.

"Uh, nothing," Phil blurted.

Scarlett knew he was lying. "Tell me the truth Phil. I know when you're lying."

Phil sighed. "Not now Scarlett. It's nothing, really," he stared into her eyes.

Scarlett knew something was bothering him, but she knew he would talk about it when he was ready. So she backed off. "Okay, but when you wanna tell me the truth, I'll be here," she assured him and patted his back.

Phil nodded in silence and went back to his thoughts.

Something was distracting him, because it was never like Phil to be lost in his thoughts. Maybe it was nothing though. Maybe Scarlett was just over thinking as usual.

It wasn't nothing though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read back because it was hinted at what Phil was thinking about. I'm not telling you where though hehe ;)

And also a hint of what happens eventually: two wrong do make a right. Remember that.

Thanks for reading!