19. Elizabeth/Monster

Start from the beginning

"I never thought I could be so happy that nothing can describe the feeling. I have four kids that my brother and I have of mixed genes. We are dads to all of them while they have one mother... I don't want to come off as me choosing favorites, but Beth is my favorite here." Dexter took Beth from me as I stood with them.

Ernest and him argued who could hold her as I left. When I looked I saw three puppies running and jumping off furniture. I could hear their little conversations and I looked to the kitchen.

The kitchen was a mess and I won't even go there with those burnt waffles and bacon.

"Hey!" I growled, instantly they all turned human. Bryant's frowny face brightened when he saw me, running in my arms.

Bryant has a hard exterior like Dexter, but inside is just a person that yearns for someone to understand. I pick him up as I hold him tightly.

"Have you been good while I took care of Beth?"

"No." And straightforward and honest like him too.

"Why not?"

"Because mommy, I'm not good. At all, I always will be bad and bad is best." When he says that I raise my eyebrows, but soon he giggles." Kidding." He hopes down, soon letting Scarlett hug my legs as I crouch down to her height.

"Hey Scarlett, have you been good?"

"Of course. If I wasn't good you'd just tell me how much I can do better. So yes, I was very good." Scarlett is like me, full of attitude. I shrug, not arguing with her comeback.

Once she pulls away I see Ernest hop onto my back from the couch. I stand, jumping around as he giggles, hugging me.

"Mommy I was'h very good! I watched'h the two and made s'hure that they didn't break anything!" Ernie reminds me most of Ernest, always smiling and full of excitement.

I love his little lisp, it's the highlight of my day and how cute it sounds.

"Thank you Ernie! You're so sweet." I kiss his cheek, setting him down. The twins come out Beth's room as Ernest has his arms folded. Dexter holding Beth as he has his head held high.

Looks like Dexter won the war for who gets to hold her.

Bryant and Scarlett are alphas. We are still unsure about Ernie. He hasn't showed good enough signs to if he's an beta or alpha. Beth is to young for us to know what she is.

"Renee don't we meet up with Liam today?" Ernest asks me, and I nod. Liam wanted to see the kids, I mean, who wouldn't?

"Yes. That's why we all need to eat and what is this monstrosity!?" I glare at the twins as they blush. The kids behind us laugh as I put my hands on my hips, shaking my finger at them.

"I don't know how to cook." Dexter says, blunt as always. Ernest nods apologetically.

"We tried putting them in the toaster and we turned the knob to the very end. Then they came out black and solid. We tried cooking the bacon in there too-."

"Stop. I've heard enough. I have come to an conclusion," I turn around, getting on my knees so that I was eye level with the kids," don't let your dads cook in my kitchen. If they do, Scarlett, help them. Bryant, scold them of the mess up. And Ernie, make them feel better by telling him how well their doing. Even though, they suck. Got it?" They nodded in reply, and I turn back to the twins.