Chapter Three

-----------------------

Therapy

----------------------

        "Did you think about what we talked about last week?"

        "A bit...What did you mean with those questions? What did you mean that there was nothing wrong with me? If there is nothing wrong with me, then why are you still seeing me as a patient? I don't get it."

        "What's there to get? You're normal."

        "But... but what about everything I've told you about my parents bringing me here to cure me? They brought me to you for a reason. You're supposed to cure, the 'incurable'."

        "I'll tell you about my secret to curing the 'incurable' later. Why don't you start where you left off last week?"

        "Fine."

-------------------------------

Flashback

-------------------------------

        After our little talk in the car that day, we spent the rest of our week lying in the clearing, tangled up. No I don't mean we were having sex. Though I'm sure it crossed both of our minds at some point. We were being intimate without sex. That can happen you know. You can be intimate without having sex. It's a possibility.

        This was the thing with us. Yes, sex would be great, but we could have just about the same intimacy without it. I didn't care if we never had sex; I would be fine with just holding her.

        Her head was in the crook of my neck and my arms were around her waist, keeping her close to me.

        "What are your dreams, Lie?"

        "Hmm. I dream of you."

        She laughed and her breath tickled at my throat. "I'm being serious."

        "So am I. You were one of my dreams."

        "Was?"

        "Yup."

        "So I'm not important anymore?" I chuckled. I knew she was pouting. I could hear it in her voice. I grabbed her tight, pulling her on top of me. I looked her in the eyes.

        "You were a dream because now I have you for real. I can hold you or kiss you." To emphasize my point, I gave her a small kiss on her pouty lips.

        "Honestly? What are your dreams though?" That was a very good question. I had wondered about that myself on many occasions. I've done a lot of things but I've never decided on my future.

        "I don't know." My mother wanted me to be the perfect housewife and she's been pushing me to date, to find a nice man in the church. My father just wanted the best for me. He told me he didn't care what I did as long as I was happy.

        "What about your music?" She said getting off of me and sitting down on the blanket we had laid out.

        "I love it, but I could never do it as a living. It's something I do for fun."

        "But you're so good at it." I moved my head into her lap. She started to play with my hair.

        "Eh. That could be debatable. What about you? Do you have dreams?"