Chapter 23 : Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

"God Jon!" Tanya stood up and threw her hands in the air.

"Do you have any proof to support what you just said? Huh? No, right?" She shook her head.

Jon stayed silent for a few moments, facing the wood flooring of Tanya's bedroom, his face deviod of any expression. 

At long last he looked up.

"I'm just looking out for you, Tanya. As your big brother and someone who loves you more than his life, I'm just trying to look out for you. I don't ever wanna face a situation when you come home crying over a guy. No one should have that kind of a power on you." He bit his lip,

"Jon..." Tanya started in a soft voice, but he held up his hand, motioning for her to stop talking.

"No. It's okay Tanya." He gave a mocking smile and walked out of the room.

Tanya stared after him for a long time before her eyes filled with tears.

She coudn't help but feel that everything that had happened was her own fault. Determined to make amends with her brother she was just about to walk out from her room, when her phone rang.

Absentmindedly, without seeing the number, Tanya picked up the call.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Tanya." A husky voice sounded from the other end.

Tanya supressed a shiver.

"Blake." She sighed.

"What happened?" He asked, sounding worried.

"Nothing." She tried to force cheerfulness in her voice.

"Tanya." He warned. 

"Tell me." He demanded in a hard voice.

"I had a fight with my brother." She muttered out quietly. But she was sure he'd heard her clearly, courtsey of his extra-supernatural-wolfy-senses.

"Oh, thank god! I thought something serious happened." Blake laughed slightly on the other end.

For a few seconds Tanya was puzzled and then, she felt a rush of unexplainable anger at Blake.

"It's not something silly Blake." She bit out harshly.

Judging by the way Blake was silent for a few seconds proved that she'd surprised him.

"Shit! I keep messing up, don't I?" He asked nervously and Tanya could just picture him running his hands through his hair in nrevousness.

"No. it's okay. You didn't know." She said, sighing softly.

"I should've know Tanya." He said resolutely. "I should know everything about you. Your likes, dislikes, joys, fears etc etc. I should know what bothers you. I should know!" He sounded agitated.

"I-I don't know wh-what to say to that." She gave a nervous laugh.

"You don't have to say anything Tanya."

They were silent for a few minutes, each trying to decipher the meaning of the sudden silence that had enveloped them.

"What happened?" He asked carefully.

"It was about you." Tanya spoke slowly.

"Me?" He spluttered out in surprise.

"Yeah...Jon thinks you're dangerous for me and I shouldn't be around you." 

Blake was silent once again and this time Tanya knew that he wouldn't know what to reply to what she'd said.

"Have you guys ever talked or what? Like did you do something to anger him?" Tanya asked.