Chapter 2 : What? Countries?

*******************************************

"Wake up Tanya! Tanya. Wake up!"

"Mmmhnm...Lemme Sleep." She snuggled further in the pillow and pulled duvet tight over her head. Suddenly it was cold all over.

"Aah! What the...?"

"TANYA! Today is the last day of the school, did you forget or what? Come one. I am the one who has to leave his warm, comfy bed to deliver a sloth to a school full of idiots." He proclaimed loudly making her wince. She opened her eyes to see him clutching her blanket and smiling mischievously.

"You better run brother dear." She said and Jon took off, slamming the door behind him and dropping the duvet on the floor. Tanya groaned loudly and sunk back on her mattress. 

"Don't wake me up, up, up, up ,up, up

Don't wake me up, up, up, up ,up, up

Don't wake me up

Don't wake me..."

The alarm clock blared on and on in full volume and Tanya shot up from the bed. 

She reached for the nightstand, somehow got tangled in the bed-sheets and ended up banging her head on the floor.  

  "So much life in the city. You won't believe

Been awake for some days now. No time to sleep

If your heart is a pillow, this love's the bed

Tell me what is the music inside my head?..."

 She winced and reached up to stop the clock.

"Finally, remind me to change the song..." She muttered while rubbing her head to ease the ache.

"Talking to yourself, early in the morning while sleeping on the floor is a major sign of insanity." Carolyn said in a matter-of-factly voice. Tanya groaned. She was groaning a lot this morning, she mused.

"Now, who let you in??" She said getting up.

"Why, your brother. Charming and a handsome guy, isn't he?" She said while smirking at Tanya's appearance. The said girl fake gagged at the former's words.

"Charming my foot! He is the most annoying creature on this planet, I'm telling you. He was made to do that, it's his job." Tanya said.

"Go girl! Take a shower and do something to cure that rat's nest." She said indicating at Tanya's black hair. "I'll pick out the dress."

"Go!" Said that Carolyn pushed Tanya into the bathroom and got up to open her closet.

*********

"Let's get out."

"Yipee! Today's the last day in he!! hole. Wohoo!" Tanya jumped in her seat excitedly while Jon and Carolyn watched her bemusedly.

They shook their head in unison.

"Ummm...Carolyn do you mind? I need to talk to Tanya alone, please. It's important.!" Jon said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Of course, I'll meet you at the lockers Tanya, and bye Jonny!" She laughed.

"Bye Carolyn."

As soon as Carolyn shut the car door, silence descended in the midst of the siblings. Tanya looked at her brother curiously. He looked nervous. He was never nervous. Granted that Tanya was and exception and only her and their parents could make Jon nervous, but still it was a rarity.

"Wha-"

"Tany-" They both started at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed.

"OK. This is serious. Look Tanya, dad and mom have been talking to me and the thing is that, we may move to a new place."

"Excuse me?"

"You know, moving or in other words shifting, transfer?"

"Oh, I know what you mean! But why now, we've living in this place for 11 years, whatssamater?"

"Dad and Mom got transferred. They didn't want to tell you cause they knew that you'd throw a fit and probably stay angry for the rest of you life, so they gave me, little-old me, this daunting task." He said solemnly.

"I don't care. God, I can't leave everyone behind. You know what? I don't care. Let me enjoy this last day here, at least. Then I'll deal with this." She said pleadingly.

"OK champ! Go rock the day but not before you give me a hug." Tanya smiled and hugged him tightly.

"Bye Jon!"

*******************************************  

"Why?" Tanya asked impatiently as she watched her parents give other not-so subtle glances. 

"Well?"

"Your dad got a promotion Tanya. But it won't be in force unless we shift to the other branch. So it's either we all shift there or just your father, which is NOT happening!" Her mother said with finality in her voice.

Tanya sighed.

"At least tell me where are we going?" She pleaded.

Jon snorted not-so quietly and Tanya sent him a scorching glare.

"What??" She barked.

"Just you wait, Tanya. Hear the name of the place and then angry would the understatement of what you'd be feeling." He said while sending a glare to his parents who retorted with the same intensity.

"Santa Fe, New Mexico-" Her mother started.

"America??? Are you frikkin' serious?" Tanya asked aghast.

"Of not, we are just joking Tanya. How did you like the surprise?" Her dad said sarcastically.

"Oh god no!! I thought it would be somewhere near. We are shifting countries?"

"We are. It's final. We've already bought a home and everything. We'll be moving out this sunday!"

"We are moving from London in ENGLAND to a stupid unknown place Santa Fe in AMERICA this SUNDAY? Wow my life is so great?" Tanya muttered to herself.

******************************************* 

Hello People! I have devised a pattern. I'll be updating every Thursday.

So did you like it? 

Blake'll coming later but soon. 

Hope you like it! 

Read 

Vote

Comment

Like