5. Lunch

I woke up the next day to an empty house. I grabbed my phone from under my pillow and looked at the time; 2 pm. Oops, I woke up so late they probably left for lunch or something. I looked around and saw a note on the dining room table.

We're out for lunch. I'll bring you something. Be back soon! -Ally

I looked around and saw no one, so I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some waffles since I'm starving. I popped them in my toaster and saw a message pop up on my phone from the table. It was from Jason, my manager.

Tomorrow's the big day! Be ready at 9 for me to pick you up. We have to be at the audition at 9:30. Good Luck :)

Oh right, tomorrow's my dance audition. Me and Ally have been practicing for this for weeks. Months maybe. I've been waiting for this day my entire life. Tomorrow is the most important day of my life. I've been waiting for this for so long, it felt weird remembering that it was tomorrow. I moved to LA when I was 16. because I left my parents. My parents never supported my dreams, and when Ally's parents said she could study abroad, we both came here. I still remember when I was so excited to get out of Boston. Leaving my old life behind, leaving my parents because they thought I was a failure and never supported my dreams of being a dancer. I wonder what they'll think when they find out about this audition. They'll probably come back to me if I make it, because of the money or something. I can't even lie, I'm really nervous for tomorrow.

                                                                                 ***

I heard the doorbell ring and grabbed my waffles and walked towards the door. It was Ally and Jake. I guess the other 5 had left already. I saw a takeout box in Ally's hand and smiled. I opened the box.

"Mmm, my favourite! Thanks baby." I smiled at my best friend and she smiled back.

"I know, why else would I bring it, dumb ass?" She laughed. I greeted Jake and he was eyeballing my food.

"You know you have to share those noodles with me!" He said. Chinese food is my favourite.

"No way, never!" I pouted and laughed.

"Fat ass!" Jake said, and mumbled something else under his breath and chuckled. I smiled at how easy things were around him. He's one of my best friends. 

"Hey, Ally, are you ready for our big dance audition tomorrow?" I said, with noodles all over my face.

"I'm nervous as hell, but I'm ready, yeah." She said.

"Who are you auditioning for anyways? He's LAME!" Jake said. I threw a pillow at his face. 

"HEY! I'm gonna get you back bitch." Jake said, laughing at the food all over my face, and at how I was pigging out. 

"Oh no you won't nigga." We all laughed for a bit and started talking about our plans for the summer. Only one week left of that hellhole called school and then we'd all be free to do whatever we wanted. 

We laughed and talked for another two hours until Jake had to go to soccer. After that, Ally and I were just changing to go to the mall.

"I need more clothes" I pouted.

"Your closet is already full, you don't even have room for new clothes!" Ally laughed as I grabbed my wallet and our penny boards. I wore a white lace cropped tank top and high waisted destroyed light washed denim shorts. I'm not the skinniest of the girls, but I'm definitely not what you'd call fat. I wont let that stop me from wearing what I want though, because I like my body. I have nice thighs and a toned stomach, that's not bad. Anyways, Ally and I were headed to Bay Mall, one of the biggest malls in LA. We hopped on our penny boards, and rose all the way there. We're lucky that it's only like 15 minutes away.

"So, you and Mike, huh?" Ally smirked while looking at me. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks and I knew I was starting to blush.

"Shut up you hoe" I laughed and tried to hide my embarrassment.

A few minutes later we got to the mall. We hopped off our penny boards and hid them behind a bush, where we always did. I walked into the mall and headed straight to Forever 21, one of our favourite stores. Ally and I were basically the same person when it came to what stores we liked. I saw a really cute pair of boots and fell in love immediately. I grabbed Ally's hand and stalked off towards them.

"Oh my god, those are so cute! I want them." Ally said, but I quickly grabbed them.

"Paws off, I saw them first." I winked at her, and made a run for it. I could tell she was right behind me, so I ran into the dresses section and hid the best I could. I spotted her, and she was walking now. I grinned widely at her, and she made a face, sticking her tongue out as well. I spotted the cutest crop top and saw a skater skirt that'd go perfectly with the new combat boots I'd just got my hands on. The top was a black bandeau, and the skirt was white with pink floral print. I saw a light washed denim jacket that I could wear with my bandeau & skirt, and headed towards the cashier. Ally was two spots in front of me, so I decided to go to her. An lady complained behind me, but I went anyways. Ally was holding a black dress with daisies on it, a slouchy sweater and a black bustier top with some cute black heels. Ally paid and spent 55 dollars, and when I payed afterwords, I ended up spending 64 dollars. Not bad considering the things I got. It was almost 6, and my stomach growled.

"I'm starving, lets go get something to eat.' I said, and we made our way to the food court.

"What do you wanna eat?" I asked Ally.

"Taco Bell?" She asked me.

"Yes!"  We made our way to the very short line at Taco Bell. I ordered two taco supremes with fries. 

** 

After eating, we made our way into a few more stores, and then headed home. For some reason I was totally about to pass out, so I went ahead and took a nap while Ally was watching something on Netflix.

***

I woke up at 8, and remembered how much homework I had left, and also remembered that I have my audition tomorrow. I pulled out my math homework, and finished it as fast as I could. Once I was done, I looked at the clock: 9:30. If I wanted to get up early enough for my audition tomorrow, I should probably get some sleep. I could finish my homework on Sunday, or even after my audition.