» Thirty-Eighth Repression

Start from the beginning

"I can't sleep," the little girl suddenly said that made me stunned. "I went down to drink some milk but I found both of you here."

My parents stared at each other worried, and then my mother asked her, "Did you hear our conversation?"

The girl shook her head and lied through her teeth, "No. About what?"

"Nothing," my father quickly answered. "We were just talking about your birthday tomorrow. Are you ready for surprises, Quinn?"

'No!' I screamed but there was no sound that came out from my mouth. I just watched the little girl beside me smiled in excitement and said, "Yes, Dad! I can't wait."

I tried to scream again but no words were coming out of my mouth until the scene slowly disappeared into complete blackness, realizing that the little girl was the old me. Furthermore, I was confused why did the young version of myself lie about what I had heard from them.

I bent down to embrace myself, asking why would my parents lie about my abnormality. As I remember, I lost my sense of pain after the car accident, on the day of my tenth birthday. Why were they saying it was an inborn disorder?

The sound of the opening door shattered me out of my thoughts. All I could see was darkness but I could hear faint footsteps and rushed breathing somewhere into the void. The steps were in urgency until they got louder and louder.

My heart skipped when someone unlaced the dark and I stared in fear at the little form of myself who was wearing a troubled expression on her face. She stepped up and sat beside me, embracing herself as she peered through the vertical slit of light that she created. I grasped that we were inside a closet when I heard someone opened a door and closed it again.

"Come here, you slut!" a man hissed.

"Please, don't do this! I beg you!" a woman sobbed in terror and I instantly recognized the voice. It was clearly from my Aunt Minerva.

"Of course. I can do anything I want with you," the man responded, his voice was bounded with treacherous impishness. "You know what will happen if you refuse, right? You know that you were the one who came to me and if you refuse to do anything I want, I'll tell your husband that his wife is a slut. Do you want him to know how dirty you are?! How much you beg for my cöck?!"

My Aunt's cry grew more penetrating. "No! Please... I'll——I'll do anything. Just don't tell Richard."

I heard a loud thud before silence came. I looked at the girl beside me when she leaned forward quietly and tried to peek. Her eyes changed into an indescribable horror before she leaned back again and covered her ears.

A sinister laugh from the man caused me to freeze in my spot and next was the sound of tearful moans from my Aunt. I didn't have to peek to figure out what was happening outside. I didn't have to guess what the man was doing with my Aunt. With every muffled scream she made, I knew she was in agony and at the same time, torturous desire. Each sound of never-ending pleasure brought a disastrous trauma in me.

I didn't know how much time had passed when they finally stopped. My Aunt regained herself by controlling her sob until the door swung opened and closed again without saying anything.

The girl beside me remained quiet but still, her ears were covered with her shivering hands.

"Get out," the man suddenly said and his voice gave me a horrifying fear under my skin. The little me flinched and embraced herself tighter as if she could protect herself.