Kill The Lights [boyxboy]

Start from the beginning

                There was a pounding on his door. Shane looked over and lazily turned his music off as the pounding continued.

                “Dinner,” his dad said once the music was off.

                We got up and went out to the dining room. Shane’s dad, Jasper, raised an eyebrow at the two of us as we sat down.

                “Are you trying to make yourselves deaf?” he asked.

                “Yes. Because then I don’t have to hear you,” Shane said.

                “Haha, very funny,” Jasper said, rolling his eyes. “Stop blasting your music so loud. Your mother and I don’t want to hear it.”

                Carol came in and set down food. She looked at the empty seat at the tale and sighed in annoyance, shaking her head.

                “Honestly, I’ve been calling to you boys for several minutes. Are all of you deaf?” she grumbled, leaving the room.

                She returned a minute later and sat down. Shane’s little brother came into the room and took his seat at the table.

                It always unnerved me just how alike and how different Shane and his brother were. They were so similar in appearance, and yet so freaking different.

                Shane had dark brown hair that could never decide if it wanted to be neat and straight or a wavy mess. He had well defined facial features, and lips that always seemed to be in a pout. He had eyes a mixture of green and chocolate.

                His brother, on the other hand, had the same light brown hair, only it was always neat and straight. His facial structure was more rounded, giving him a younger appearance. His eyes were a pale blue color.

                But when they stood next to each other, they looked eerily similar. Their difference almost seemed to disappear when they stood together. It had always freaked me out a little.

                “Hey Mitch,” I greeted.

                He nodded at me and picked up his fork, digging into his dinner. I rolled my eyes and also began to eat.

                “Mom, can I have some money? Jace and I are going to the store after dinner,” Shane said.

                “Mitch, didn’t you need something from the store?” Carol asked him.

                He glanced up at her and nodded. “Yea. I needed a few things from the store,” he said.

                “I’ll give you money if you bring your brother,” Carol said.

                “I get shotgun,” I informed Mitch.

                “Why am I not surprised?” Mitch grumbled.

                “Jace gets shotgun, I get to pick the music, and Mitch gets to shut up and pretend he’s not actually there,” Shane said.

                “Next time I drive, you’re getting the trunk,” Mitch said to his brother.

                “I’ll just run you over in the driveway. One less college fund mom and dad have to pay for,” Shane said, smirking.