17

"I mean, can you really trust her?" Dinah plopped down next to the dark haired girl, rubbing her back as she drank her coffee.
Lauren shurrged, "I want too. But, I thought she liked me before as well." Dinah nodded, pressing her lips together. She didn't hate Camila but she had lead her best friend on for months and she didn't like that.
"Yeah, I know what you mean. I wouldn't rush into things right now, though. Wait till you really know she likes you." Lauren nodded and gave her bestfriend a tight smile.
Lauren sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Alright, lets go." Dinah licked her lips, pulling out her phone and sighing as well.
"Yeah, um, I have to do something but I'll meet you guys there." Lauren nodded and grabbed her things then walking out the door.
   As soon as the door closed Dinah jumped up from the couch, grabbing her phone and calling the number.
   She paced the room hand running through her thick hair while waiting for the smaller girl to answer. Once she heard the small, "hello?" She felt the anger from earlier build up in her again.
   She let out a frustrated sigh, "listen, Cabello. Lauren is my best friend, I love her and if she comes home crying again because of you you're dead, got it?" Dinah could heard the small gulp through the phone.
  "I-I yeah. Okay." Dinah smirked at the fear in her voice as she quickly hung up.
   "Good job, Dinah." Dinah smiled at her self and grabbed her things and stepping out of the door.

---

"Hey, Lauren." Lauren noticed the shaking in her voice and how she wouldn't make eye contact. Lauren put a hand on her shoulder.
   "Camila, are you okay?" Camila nodded quickly and gave her a smile.
   "Oh yeah! Just, stressed with the album and all." She nodded more to herself as she brought out her phone. Lauren nodded slowly.
   "Okay, is it done?" Lauren could see the shine in Camila's eyes. Camila really loved to sing, she really loved doing what she does. Camila nodded.
   "Yes, we should go listen to it." Camila stood up and Lauren laughed.
   "Right now? Is the studio even open?"  Camila nodded.
   "Yeah I just left there couple minutes ago." Lauren shrugged and got up.

---

   Lauren smiled fondly while listening to the girls voice. Lauren snuck a glance at the dark haired girl and her smile grew bigger.
   Camila swayed along to the music, her eyes closed as she sung quietly to her self.
   "It's really good." Camila eyes snapped open and she had a hopeful look in her eyes.
   "You really think so. I mean, will the fans like it? It's different from my last albums." Lauren nodded.
   "Of course they'll like it. Your voice sounds beautiful."  Camila bit her lip to keep herself from smiling fondly. 
   "Thank you, Lauren."