The Beginning

It was snowing outside, you enjoyed how the snow crunched under your feet each time you took a step. You were walking to work, you hated it because a few customers can be rude and you get paid 5 dollars an hour. But when you arrived you saw a man trying to break in the shop.
"Hey! Get away from here!" You said as you grabbed out a pocketknife from your pocket.
"What're you gonna do pretty lady?" The man backed away from the door and faced you.
"I'm not afraid to use this!" You held the knife up.
"Hehe, that's not a knife. This is a knife" the man pulled out a huge dagger.
'Oh shit' you thought. You knew this was stupid but you decided to face him against your tiny knife to his huge dagger.
"Your risking your life, you know that?"
"I know"
The man flew his dagger at you but you acted fast and dodged it. It was your chance to attack him so you jammed your knife into his back.
"AAGGHH! You little bit-" he smacked you in the face.
"AAHH!" You kicked him in the groin, he tried to hold in his groan and ran off.
"I'll see you later" the way he said this creeped you out because he said it so dark and ominous.
"Creepy" you said, you walked to the door and opened it, "Well hello 8 hours of boredom" the shop looked trashed. Not because of the guy, but he didn't even break in but kids that went ape shit crazy when Willy Wonka announced that 5 golden tickets are in his chocolate bars and bought half the shelf. So far no one found any but you wanted to get one for Charlie for his upcoming birthday, sadly, he got one each year. This saddened you, so you decided to save up money to buy Charlie a chocolate bar. You went behind the counter, took off your jacket, and turned on the TV. You noticed half the chocolates are gone so you got a box from the back and supplied more chocolates on the shelf. On TV you saw that a kid found a golden ticket with his Wonka bar. "Congrats kid, and of course he's fat" you sat down behind the counter. The door ringed and saw Charlie.
"Hey (y/n)!"
"Hey Charlie!"
"Did you hear that Willy Wonka is giving out golden tickets in the chocolate bars!?"
"Yeah" you said sadly.
"What's wrong (y/n)?"
"It's sad that you get one chocolate bar for your birthday"
"Aww don't worry (y/n), I'm glad I get a chocolate bar, and that the family still loves me even if I don't get one, and I'm happy of that! I'm happy that you guys love me!"
"Aww Charlie, I love that you're so grateful!"
"Anyways (y/n), I dropped by to tell you that and some kid found a golden ticket"
"I know I saw, hey, are you supposed to be at school?"
"No, I have a day off today"
"Why?"
"Someone's been poisoned"
"Really?"
"Yeah and the teachers told that we have a day off today, just to keep the kids safe from being poisoned"
"Do they know who poisoned them or been poisoned?"
"One of the 8th graders been poisoned they don't know who poisoned them"
"Poor kid, hopefully he or she will be alright"
"Anyways see you at the house (y/n)! I have to go!"
"Bye Charlie!"