Chapter One: A Daily Adult Life ✔️

Start from the beginning

"Well, complete or incomplete, you don't need Ethan in your life. He's a distraction and you have your own lives to live. Right now, we have a meeting to catch to."

"Don't we have meetings on Wednesday? Why Monday?"

"I don't know. He said it's an emergency meeting. Now lets go before it's more traffic."

As they arrived at work, Linda, the front desk clerk, greeted them and assigned them the meeting room.

"Linda, has the meeting started yet or better yet has Boss Harris arrived?" asked Jessica.

"Not sure about the meeting but Mr. Harris car hasn't arrive," replied Linda cheerfully.

"Good! We were greatly spared today." She gave Audrey threatening looks and Audrey felt holes burning through her skull.

Audrey ignored the intoxicating looks and asked, "Are you heading up to, Linda? It's an entire staff meeting too."

"I know but I'm instructed to escort incoming employees and Mr. Harris himself," informed Linda.

"Oh that's-"

"Let's go Audrey!!!!" Jessica demanded, tugging her arm, reeling Audrey forward.

"See you Linda!"

They headed up the meeting room and when they arrived, they received awkward stares from around the room, all awaiting for the big boss. Audrey took her seat and rummaged through her bag to keep herself occupied. In no time, Mr. Harris was accompanied by various assistants all carrying notepads and taking phone calls.

"Introducing founder and CEO of HSC, Harris' Shoe Cooperation, Mister Henry 'the big boss' Harris," Lucia Richmond, the over exceeding and kiss-up assiatant, proudly announced.

"The big entrance is not necessary but I greatly do appreciate your effort, Lucia," informed Mr. Harris and turn his attention toward the crowd. "All of you wonder why I summoned you up this Monday morning. Well, due to investments and business out of the country, I'm on leave for a year or so. I'll be going off to London on Wednesday evening and if so feel free to ask questions now."

"Is it necessary that you'll be gone that long, Mr. Harris?" asked Erin Fringe, a designer.

"Yes, Mr. Fringe. It is essential that I'll be gone for quite a while," answered Mr. Harris.

"Who will manage the company sir?" Linda asked with great concern.

"Good question, Linda," Mr. Harris' face lit up with a small smile. "On Wednesday, my son, Jacob will be flying to New York tomorrow evening. He will be the, as you call it 'the big boss' till I'm gone. He will take care of everything and I do indeed ask you all to respect him as you respected me."

"Mr. Harris, you are wanted for another meeting," his assistant whispered.

"Yes," he whispered back. "Well, on Wednesday we will meet again. Till then, farewell."

After Harris left, full of gossips went here and there. "Who do you think his son is?" whispered the employees. It seem to interest Audrey. The main reason why they were all fussing about it because the new boss was a British man. Audrey imagine him with a deep accent and was tall and handsome. Who was the son? More importantly how did he look like?

"So Jessica, the company will be run by the son?" She asked.

"No weren't you listening? The son will run for a year or so." she replied hastily.

"Oh," All Audrey manage to say.

"You were probably thinking about Ethan again," Jessica said with a frustrated expression on her face.