1- Positive?

Chapter 1... Positive?

I sat on the toilet waiting. I watched the clock on the bathroom wall tick. It's always when you want time to pass quickly that it suddenly becomes slow but really three minutes is still three minutes. It's not any longer or shorter than normal.

I hadn't planned having another child, especially not this young. One was definitely enough for me right now but life seems to have a habit of throwing the unexpected at you.

I stood up and walked over to the sink where the stick I had just peed on was. I had been complaining of a stomach bug for the last week but it was only when I realised I was five days late, had I decided to take a pregnancy test.

I was eighteen and already had a two year old daughter called Robyn with my husband Luke. We lived in a small apartment but had a decent sized room for me and Luke and enough room for Robyn's toys in her own room. But now we would have to move to a bigger place with another baby on the way. More stress.

I walked over to Luke as gently woke him up.

"Hey hunny. I don't know if you knew but it's four o'clock in the morning and I have to get up for work at seven." Luke said to me. He never liked waking up at any time

"I'm pregnant babe. We're going to be parents again." I told him.

Luke's face lit up and he kissed me. We snuggled down into bed together. It didn't take long for Luke to get back to sleep. But I couldn't so my mind began to think back to when I had fallen pregnant with Robyn at fifteen.

*Three years before*

There had been a bug going around school as usual and I had caught it. Every morning I would run to the bathroom where I would throw up until lunch time. I was bored of having the toilet as my best friend and my mum had began to worry and she had booked me an appointment at the doctors.

We went to the doctors and sat in the waiting room. I had my height, blood and weight taken by a nurse and was sent back to the waiting room. Finally I got to see the doctor. My mum had decided to stay in the waiting room.

"Hello Ella. Now your tests have come back negative for a stomach bug but it's okay because we think we know what the problem is. But before I can be sure I need to know a few things first. Have you put on a bit of weight recently that's been a bit more noticeable than usual?" Dr Davis asked me.

That's an odd for her to ask I thought to myself.

"Well a little at Christmas but not too much." I replied.

"Okay and do you remember when you last had your period?" She said.

Another odd question to ask I thought.

"Umm, I think I'm a few days late actually." I slowly replied becoming slightly more nervous.

"Congratulations Ella. We believe you're pregnant but we are just going to run an ultrasound to check for you." Dr Davis told me.

"But I had my period not that long ago!"

"It is possible for bleeding to occor during the first trimester". Dr Davis told me.

She gave me a gown to change into and the placed cold gel onto my stomach. For the first time I saw my little babyon the screen and knew I was keeping it.

I got changed again and went to the waiting room so could tell my mum.

"Mum I'm pregnant. I'm actually already twelve weeks pregnant but the baby is healthy. I know it's a bit of a shock but we'll just have to deal with it. I need to tell Luke though. He has a right to know, he is the dad. Will you be able to take me over now please?

My mum was shocked initally but still dropped me off at Luke's parent's house on her way home. His parents let me in and I walked upstairs. I had texted him on the way over saying I was coming over because we needed to talk.

When I walked in, he was pacing the room. Poor guy. He proberly thought I was away to break up with him.

"Just say it." Luke told me quietly.

"I'm pregnant. With our child." I said proudly. It was all begining to sink in to me.

A smile came grinned across his face, from ear to ear. He was over the moon about the baby. I felt so relieved. I thought he might of taken it badly and broken up with me.

"Wow that's so amazing. I'm going to be a parent with the most beautiful girl in the world and I'm going to be there all the time for you. So Ella Grace Jamison will you give me the honour of becoming my wife and let me help you bring up our child?" Luke said, kneeling down on one knee.

I was surprised alright. I excepted our relationship to fall apart because we were so young, but this. This was just going to make it stronger.

"I would love to marry you. You are the most handsome man in the world and people judge us because I'm fifteen and you're eighteen but so what! I'm in love with the best man in the world and no one is gonna take that from me." I smiled happily.

*present time*

Robyn had made us so happy and was the one of the best things ever to happen to me and Luke. I walked into her room. She was sound asleep.

"You're going to have a little brother or sister, princess. I love you very much. Sleep tight."