Beaten

Tony's POV

I am sitting in my car outside the front of school. What the hell is taking Clay so long to get out here? I'm meant to be meeting with Brad in half an hour and Clay is gonna make me very late. Brad is already pissed off at me for spending so much time with Clay after he got Hannah's tapes. But he's my best friend, I'm meant to spend time with him. He really hasn't been doing well lately; it has been nearly a year but he keeps breaking down and I'm worried he is going to do something stupid. I can't let that happen.

Clay's POV

I know that I am meant to be meeting Tony so he can drive me home but instead, I am sitting in the graffiti-stained toilet cubicles, crying the life out of myself. Why am I crying? Because some dicks decided it would be fun to yell at me about Hannah as I was trying to leave. Naturally, I didn't take it well and so they decided to beat the crap out of me. I have a bit of black eye and a slit lip but I should be alright. Well, physically at least.

Tony's POV

I was just about to call Clay to ask where he was when I saw him heading towards me with his hood up and shades on. What was going on with him? Maybe he was hung over?

"Clay, where the fuck have you been? You're like twenty minutes late, man!"

"Yeah, I'm really sorry Tony. Thanks for waiting around for me, dude." Clay mumbled.

I hesitated but eventually started the car and drove away. We drove in silence for a while until my curiosity took over.

"Clay, why were you so late coming out of school today?" I asked gently but sternly.

"Oh, it was nothing, I managed to get myself a detention." I knew straight away that he was lying so I tried again.

"Clay, please don't lie to me, man."

I was kinda hurt that he would even attempt to lie to me but if he did, it meant something was seriously wrong. Clay stayed silent for a long time until his sunglasses dropped off and revealed his face for the first time since he got in the car. I glanced over and gasped. Clay had obviously been crying and his eye was completely bruised with a split lip.

"Oh my god, Clay, what happened?" I quickly pulled over so we could talk properly.

"It...it's nothing, Tony, really. I'm fine."

"No, you're not, Clay. You're eyes are bloodshot from crying, you have a black eye and, oh jeez, Clay you're lip has started to bleed."

"Shit, Tony, I'm so sorry. I'm gonna get blood all over you're seats."

I reassured him that it was fine and drove him back to my place.

Clay's POV

We reached Tony's house and my lip was still bleeding. We got out of the car and his house was completely empty. Tony walked off to call Brad about something and I grabbed a tissue to try and stop the bleeding. After a minute or so, Tony walked back in with a first aid kit.

"Come and sit down, Clay" I walked over to the sofa with him.

"So, Clay, are you gonna tell me what happened?" I hesitated but decided to just be honest with him.

"These guys were taunting me about Hannah and I just lost it and started yelling at them and then they started beating me up." I didn't look at him the whole time. I have to admit, I was a bit ashamed but I don't really know why.

Tony's POV

"Who did this to you?" I was so pissed off right now. You don't fuck with anyone I care about or I fuck with you. Clay didn't answer so I asked again. This time he did answer and as he spoke, I cleaned up his cut.

"I...I really don't know, Tony. It doesn't matter though. Like I said, I'm fine."

"Alright, I'll let it go. But if anyone, ever does anything like this to you again, I won't let it go."

"Okay, Tony, thanks for being so protective of me. You're the best, man." We both smiled at each other and turned to the TV to watch a movie.