This Is Me - Chapter 12 - At the Lodge

When we arrived in California it was beautiful! If only Niall could see it…. But he will be here in three weeks so i hope he likes it as much as i do. 

We drove to a large wooden lodge. It, too was stunning! The little cabins were all made out of polished wood. It all just felt so natural! 

"Alright everyone follow me" The teacher spoke as she walked around the corner… There stood a very large stage with red curtains that were pulled back and the lights were on the stage as the camp manager walked out onto the stage. 

"Id like to welcome all the different schools for coming and participating in this event! We hope all schools give 110percent! You will have three weeks to practice and prepare for the final! The school that wins will win $13,000 for  their school! Your act will be given certain days and times to use the stage so thats everyone gets a turn! Good luck to everyone!" This is when i noticed how many other schools were here! There looked to be maybe 15 other schools, which means 15 acts to beat! Our school has won this only once before with the act of snow white! This year im determined to win! 

We all got assigned to a cabin but of course on with people from our school. I was with Sarah,Joe and Liam. Poor Emily got stuck with no one she talks to where as i had Liam. 

It was now getting into late afternoon and our teacher handed us our scripts and said that all for today we would just try to lean our lines. 

I walked to a nearby tree and sat down under it practicing my lines when i heard someone approach me. 

"Hows it going ?" Liams soft voice asked. "Ah alright! I guess learning the lines is the hardest part for me" I said as he sat down besides me. 

"Same here." He admitted. 

"Uhm Alley have u red pages 13,27 and 49 ?" He looked concerned. "No not yet…Why ?" I could of guessed what it was going to be! 

He showed me the pages and sure enough i was right! It was our kiss scenes….These kisses couldn't just be a little one either we had to make them believable to the audience….Which Niall will be in!!!!

I guess it was a good and bad thing that Niall hasn't seen Romeo and Juliet before as then he know about this but then the surprise he's going to get when he sees it… I think i should tell him ?

I don't know what to do… after mine and Liams ask kiss things went a bit awkward. 

"Maybe it we just spend some time rehearsing our lines together then it wont be so bad cause we will be in character ?" He suggested. "Yeah that could work…" He was right it wouldn't be Alley doing it, it would be Juliet! 

The next few days went by okay. We did plenty of practices on stage and sometime just reading our lines out loud as a group. Niall called as much as he was aloud but now that one week had passed and we only had two left our calling time was shortened a bit so that we could practice more. Niall kept me updated on everything back home. Apparently im not missing much. 

All of my free time seemed to be with Liam. Emily had made a new guy friend from another school so she was always with him. 

"The sky is so beautiful tonight" Liam whispered as we sat under our tree(The tree we learnt our lines under) It was on the top of a slight him and the grass was always so fresh and green! The sky tonight was a light pink as the last part of the sun went down. 

"Hmmm it is." i said hesitatingly placing my head on his shoulder. "Liam?" i said tiredly looking up into his sparking brown eyes. I never realized how much i liked them!! "Yeah Alley ?" He said softly. After getting lost in his eyes i forgot what i was going to say! "Never mind.." I said before drifting off to sleep. 

"Alley? Alley we have to go to our cabins now. Its bed time." I felt him remove his arm from around me. I didn't realize he had his arm around me. "How long was i asleep for ?" I said shocked at how i had fallen asleep! 

"Uhm maybe two hours ? The camp manager came out to us before to tell us we had to go to bed but he lat us stay out here for another hour then i promised we would go to bed." Liam had sat there for two hours while i slept ? 

"What time is it ?" I asked worried now that i had taken up all his time. "Its 11:30" 

"OMG Liam you should of woken me! You need to sleep too" I felt horrible that i had kept him up. He just laughed. "Alley its only 11:30 theres still plenty of time for me to go to sleep!" He said showing him perfect teeth. 

"Well okay but we should go now." When we got back to our cabin Liam fell asleep straight away! Okay now i felt horrible for keeping him up. I looked at my phone. 2 new messages! Oh gosh Niall! I missed calling time. 

Niall : *Hey Alley! You must be buys practicing right now so ill call again later. Stay safe xxo* I gulped with a feeling of betrayal  as i wasn't practicing…I was falling asleep in Liams arms. 

I didn't want to read the next message but i did anyway.

Niall: *Hey babe! Called again…You still wernt there  to pick up. Must be practicing hard! Cant wait to see you im a week and a bit! I miss you xxo*

Okay now i felt horrible! 

"You okay ?" Liam said turing over to see my face. He was on the bed beside me. He must of seem a worried expression on my face. 

"Yup im fine" I said  smiling. "Just missing Niall i guess." He smiled "Well don't worry ill see him soon!" He said before turning over again. 

I felt different around Liam now, after a week and a bit of it just being us two, everything he said really made me feel better! 

I awoke to a cool breeze cooing through the door of the cabin! Grr who opened it! as i got to it to close it, someone else can through it and we fell to the floor. "Liam what are you--" I stopped to realize he was shirtless! 

His body was stunning! I shook my slef out of it and continued. "Doing ?" I said blushing slightly. "Are you okay ? and vie just been for a run. Like i do every morning" He said giving me his hand to elp me up. I guess i had always been asleep when he would go for his run. 

I felt his breath on mine as i realized how close we were standing. He took a step back as Sarah rolled over in her bed. 

"Uhm i better go have a shower.." And with that he left. I was shocked at how hot he was! 

It was now the third week and we had to really start focusing on the play. Occasionally i would stuff up words and only me and Liam would crack up! It took us several takes of that line to do it without laughing but overtime i looked up at Liam i would just start laughing again! We had many repeats of me falling asleep on Liam under the tree but he didn't seem to mind although when he would wake me id feel horrible for it happing again! I hadn't spoked to Niall much in this last week.

Today was the day we practiced our first kiss! We decided to go to our tree to relax while we waited for our turn on the stage….

Thankyou to everyone who is reading and following my story! It means alot to see how many reads i get! Well its getting interesting now! Whats going to happen to Alley and Liam ? :O lol xx