Oliver's forehead furrowed. There was something prominent here, something that was made out of pieces of all these information, just like a puzzle. But what...

"After his last great escape he must be more alert," Brandan said, suddenly his shoulders going stiffer than before as if he was on a stranded ship that had lost direction but now could see the shore by some miracle. "He and his men have been seen in so many different places...., what if he's changing locations rapidly? What if, in stead staying at one place, he's moving around?"

Oliver, too, perked up now. He added catching the queue. "And what if he's targeting the places that have already been searched - as his hideouts?"

Fredrick suddenly straightened. Brandan whirled around.

Oliver was about to scream sensing they'd perhaps truly got it right this time, but Brandan's glare had him snap his mouth shut immediately.

--

Elli had her ear stuck to Brandan and Emma's bedroom door, listening as the couples fought among themselves.

Apparently, Brandan was adamant on not taking Emma with him to the location where the police had now reverse searched and confirmed the culprit had the children there in captive.

The place was not far from their mansion - the basement of a gadget store, they were surprised when they found out how close they were. Fredrick had been saying something about Jonathon slowly closing in on their mansion. Elli had shivered imagining how that would have ended, Jonathon closing in  while with the kids under his captive... sounded sinister. The scoundrel had truly planned everything to the scrap and beyond. He was probably going for the whole massacre, where blood of his destroyers would pool under his shoes.

Elli pasted herself further into the door when she heard Emma's voice roaring angrily, announcing how a mother should that she would not be excluded from the personal SWAT team.

Atta girl. That's a true mother of the cubs there is.

"I would do that for you too, baby, if situation ever calls for it," Elli whispered.

A tap, followed by another tap on her bottom made Elli gasp. Startled, she whirled her face around, only to see Oliver's face an inch away from her. His lips smacked a quick kiss on her lips before she could even react. 

"Eavesdropping, babe?"

Elli scowled, shoving away the urge to grab him by the neck and continue the kiss. Over the tingles on her lips, she blubbered out, "I was just listening Emma winning the argument, she's close and Brandan's quickly crumbling. She's going with us."

"With us?" Oliver's face scrunched. "You mean to say, you're dreaming to join the muscles team? It's dangerous!"

"And?"

"And, it's not safe!"

Elli narrowed her eyes, spitting fire and swords.

Oliver sighed, reaching out to hold Elli's face gently but firmly. She tried wiggling away but he was indulgent. "Please, Elli, stay in the house with Emma, bodyguards and security provided by the police would ensure that you're safe here. I want you and the baby far... far away from the bullets that may fly where we're headed," he said. "After bringing Sarah and Sammy safe back home, I want nothing more than to begin the process of kneeling at your feet... begging for you to allow me to be in your life and to love you and care for you until the last day of our lives. I've messed up and I'm going to fix it," he said, eyes pooled with all sincerity, love and determination. "Just stay safe here until we return."