"Finn, get out here and use rock slide on the charizard and ampharos!" I tossed out my trusted starter before releasing Slash, Schicksal, and Basilisk as well. "Time to fight guys. "Slash, use quick attack then fury cutter on the venusaur. Basilisk, stop trying to kill Slash for one moment and go for Tarot's heracross with poison tail... Schicksal, it's time to mega evolve and then hit ampharos with night slash."

"Siren, help out, use aqua tail on Blaze!" Jay shouted before coughing several times. "H-Hati, help out Schicksal with a rockslide as well! Sköll, fire fang on the venusaur!"

It was chaos. I could barely tell if our attacks landed or were blocked as Tarot continuously gave out strings of commands... he wasn't the champion for nothing. His tactics weren't even dirty, I managed to make out him pausing Volt's attack to allow Schicksal to get up at one point before giving the ampharos another attack. The building was starting to shake as well from the battle inside the now almost cramped feeling room and with the three legendaries outside.

"You shouldn't be stopping me you know!" Tarot shouted out, finally deciding to speak to us directly. "You can't win. Do you really believe I would make a bad King so much that you would die trying to stop me? I want what's best for Drucan! I can make us stronger as a region than those old royals and their blind son ever could!"

"Salem could probably see more than you ever could!" Jay snapped back, looking a sickly pale as she tried to stand up straight... I could tell she wasn't going to last much longer if this battle kept up and looked away in case she saw the tears welling up in my eyes. "He would never have killed for his position or tortured pokémon and people to get stronger!"

"Being strong is all that matters!" Tarot snapped his fingers and the ceiling retracted, two blurred shapes diving inside to sweep a path through the other pokémon fighting inside before landing behind him: his noivern and a mega pidgeot. "Noivern, boomburst, Ace, hurricane!"

"Curse, confuse ray!" Jay coughed again and I glanced back to see her wiping blood on her jacket. "Scourge, you can fight still, I know it... use smog, let the hurricane spread the attack around the field."

Her houndoom got up, keeping his weight to one side as he followed orders while Curse rushed on ahead to attack noivern first. I turned away from the fighting, intending to get Jay out of the room before she used up all her energy trying to command her pokémon, but she glared in my direction hard enough to make me back off for the time being.

"You can't win with attack as weak as yours!" Tarot pulled out his gun again and shot Scourge once more... this time the dog like pokémon didn't get back up. "Tsunami, use hydro pump!"

He brought out his own swampert, who immediately shot out a powerful water attack through the mass of fighting pokémon, knocking out Drago and pinning Hati to the wall until the water stopped. Sköll took one look at his brother before giving a howl of pain and lunging at the water type while Hati stayed slumped on the ground, his eyes clouded over while water pooled around him.

"No, Sköll, return!" Jay returned the remaining lycanroc to his ball before shuddering and slumping to the ground, not even attempting to return Hati or Scourge.

I returned Drago before moving over to her, quickly blocking her view of the battle as Curse took a knife to the shoulder, though it had been meant for one of us. "Jay... come on, l-let's get you out of here."

She stayed silent, the pokéball dropping out of her hand and onto the floor as she looked down at the tarot card designed floor. I wasn't quite sure what to do... two of her pokémon had just died and I wasn't sure how Curse was holding up now that she was injured. I picked up the ball she dropped and put it in her bag before taking the others from her belt, she couldn't fight and if any more of her pokémon died I wasn't sure she'd even pretend to care about the world around her.