Soul Pendant - Chapter 2

SOUL PENDANT by soccerchicky101

(warning! bad speller! things will be spelled wrong!)

Chapter 2: Unexpected trouble

"I'll se you tomorrow, Morgan!" Amanda waved.

"Not if i see you first!" i called back.

As i walked away from ther school, i fingered at the neckless on my neck. I try'd not to let the memories flood back to me. I heard mothers voice echoing in my head...

'i'll be right behind you...you...you...'

i shook the thought out of my head and sat down on a bench. I thought of the new kids to get my mind off it.

Blade had been staring at my weirdly all day, and i wanted to know what his problem was! Did he not like girls or something?!

Oh no! I closed me eyes tight. Please, oh please, god of love! Please tell me that he's not gay!

While i was lost in my sad thoughts of Blade being gay, I failed to realize the man jumping out of the tree and landing a few feet in front of me. He was dressed up in a red ninja outfit, like the kind of thing you see on TV, and a black mask covering everything but his eyes and mouth.

When i finally opened my eyes, i did everything a normal person would do:

1)stood up real fast and gasped,

2)thought that i was going insane (well, duh! there was a NINJA in front of me!)

and 3) grabbed my neckless. (Because when im nervous, i tend to do that.)

Well, aparently #3 amused him, because he looked at it and smiled.

"Well, you seem very fond of your neckless." He took a step forward. "But did you really think that bracelet would hide you from us forever?"

I felt all the blood rush from my face. Mother had said that it wouldn't last forever, but i had no idea what she was talking about!

"We can do this the easy way," He grabbed my arm. "or the hard way."

So, like an idiot i screamed "Let me go!" and turned and statred to run down the street. But i heard him chuckle behind me.

"I guess it will be the hard way." He cracked his nuckles.

I ran as fast as i could, my feet pounding on the hot cement. I turned a corrner and ran into someone. One of his arms wrapped aroung my waist, and the other hand covered my mouth. He dragged me into an alley way.

I struggled and squirmed, kicking and trying my best to escape. I elbowed him in what felt like his rib cage, and, im thinking i aimed a little bit lower...(below the belt, if you know what i mean.)

"Would you calm down?" He whispered. "And that hurt, by the way."

I reconized his voice. But from where...?

Oh

My

God

It was Shawn! I had just elbowed Shawn in the nutts! OMG i had to appologize! I had to-!

What the hell was he doing saving me from a Ninja?

He let go of me and i turned to look him in the face.

"What's going...?" my voice failed me.

"Well..." He looked back out onto the street. i followed his gaze.

The first thing i saw was the ninja fighting two boys.

Who were my age.

Who just transphered into my class.

Who's names were Damion and Blade!

WTF?!?!

Suddenly the ninja jumped back, and with a final glance at me, took off.

"Good going, guys!" Shawn said, walking over to where Damion and Blade stood. I wanted some answers, so i followed.

"Are you okay, Morgan?" Damion ran over, acting like this was normal. And im pretty sure fighting ninja is NOT something a normal teenage boy does! yet again, they were definatly NOT normal.

"He didn't get ur neckless, did he?" Blade asked.

Say WHAT?!?!?!?!

"What are you talking about?" I stared him square in the eye.

"Wait..." Shawn looked at me with a confused look. (I think im the only one here with the right to be confused, but whatever.) "Do you Know anything about the thing around your neck?" he asked.

"No."

"Nothing at all?"

"Nada."

"Really?"

"All i know is that my mom gave it to me when i was little." I told them. "And thats about it."

"Can we meet her?" Shawn asked, taking a step forward, and i could tell he ment buisness.

"She's... busy." I looked away. "Can we talk about somwething else?"

"I heard it's going to rain tomorrow!" Damion said, smiling at me.

Shawm and Blade stared at each other, then cracked up.

"Whats so funny?" Damion asked, pouting. "She said that she wanted to change the subject, so i did!"

"Oh, nothing." Blade said, still laughing.

"Anyway," Shawn tried to stop laughing, "we have to tell Morgan about her neckless."

"Well," Blade started, "Your neckless was made by a King in England. He wanted to have all the power of his army all to himself, so he filled that pendant with all the souls of his soilders. Eventually, the Chinese got their hands on it because Engladnd had realized what the power could do and were afraid of it. But your ansestors traveld to China to get it back, and brought it here to America. And it was passed down your family until it came to you"

"But your parents never told you about its power." Damion said.

No way.

"And now a group of Chinese ninja want it back."Shawn finished.

I could feel my eyes widen. Mom... Dad... They had never come back...

That did it. All the Memories came flooding back, pulling me under, drowning me in it.

"I dont know what fantasy you're living in," i turned to leave, "But you can leave me out of it!"

"They won't stop until they get your neckless!" Shawn called.

"Yeah?! Well they can have it!" I snapped. "It only brings back bad memories, anyway!" I ran to my apartment, through the door, up the stairs, and into room 57. I ran over and fell onto my bed. Tears streaked down my face. I couldn't stop them. They were rushing up to the surface. Soon they would overflow, trapping me in their path. I didn't want to remember.

But I did.