"Latios..." Soren looked at it in amazement as it moved closer.

"Ios!" Its cry was frustrated and it shoved by him to stare down at me. "I warned you!"

I gave a shout of pain as the legendary nudged me, not because the nudge hurt but because the pain in my skull flared up until I was sure it was going to tear itself apart. I could faintly make out Soren yelling something followed by a crashing noise before falling unconscious and losing any sense of what was happening.

I woke up feeling cold and my clothes felt slightly damp, though there was something warm wrapped around me. I finally forced my eyes open and took a moment to focus on the new situation to see damp dark grey rock beneath me while the sound of waves behind me along with the slight tang of salt in the air told me I was near the ocean. There was movement to my side and Soren moved into my field of vision as he fixed his blue jacket that he'd put over me, pulling me against him to sit up slightly as he saw I was waking up.

"J-Jay..." I felt his grip around me tighten. "I was so worried about you. A-are you feeling better?"

I didn't respond, taking my time to get my bearings as I looked around at the apparent island we were located on... my gaze finally landing on the tall menacing building where the Elite Four resided. "How did we get here?"

My voice sounded shaky in my ears and I hoped he hadn't been able to detect it, though judging by the spite in his voice he was focusing more on the answer. "That stupid latios broke in, you remember that right? After threw me across the room with psychic I saw... Well it didn't look normal. After coming into contact with you it evolved."

"Mega evolution?" I asked, wondering if he had been injured hard enough to forget what that was.

"No. Like... it's eyes glowed red like yours and it became more dangerous looking... He's still around, unfortunately, you'll see it." He glared in the direction of the building. "His wings look like they could cut something in half if he didn't shred you with his claws."

"Wh-y did it bring us here? H-have you seen Valhalla?" I tripped over my words as I started to stand up, using Soren to help me.

"Dark Messiah, the uh, the yveltal from when we were experimented on, flew me around. He grabbed me after Latios flew off with you but... as far as I can tell they aren't helping Valhalla. I think they're using us to help stop them, from what I saw there are Valhalla grunts roaming around this place."

"What about the other three... um, the ones who were also in charge..." Their names were escaping me at the moment before I remember that Arceus forsaken man who killed my pokémon. "Hero and the other two, are they here?"

"Not that I saw."

I stayed silent as he got up to stand beside me, staring at the building as I processed what he said. If those three weren't here- they were probably keeping the Elite Four busy at Tarot's request- then we wouldn't have too much of a problem at reaching Tarot. While our pokémon weren't strong enough to face him just yet I was sure with the two legendaries that had brought us here- even if it was painfully and against our will- we could beat him.

"Come on, let's go then before they show up!" I started walking, stumbling a few paces before my head finished clearing up enough for me to move faster.

"Jay, no, wait!" He pulled me back quickly, slowing my progress as I half dragged him behind me. "Stop, we can't fight him yet. He's the champion... For Arceus' sake, he'd kill us!"

I turned to look at him. "He'll kill us anyway once he's in charge. We know what he did, he'll manipulate the people in Drucan we were behind Valhalla or something and hunt us down like common criminals. At least this way we have a chance, it isn't like we can just leave now, not without a pokémon to fly us off."