Chapter 13| Gregory

Start from the beginning

I decide to butt in. "Why can't I get close to Pip?"

Christophe answers simply; he rolls his eyes, then says one thing, "fag."

****

When we get to school the next morning, we're both wearing crosses. Christophe tugs at the chain in distaste, the metal cross and his dog tag clinking together as he does so.

"I feel disgusting." He mumbles.

"That's because you are disgusting." I tell him, scouting the corridors for any sign of Pip. We're close to his locker, so there's a chance he could walk down this corridor. It's busy, as people are collecting their belongings before class, and we're going to wait until the bell rings to put our plan into action.

"Basic, British, blond bitch." Christophe curses, and I laugh. His use of alliteration always amuses me.

When the bell finally rings, Pip strides down the corridor. His eyes are wild, his hair a mess, clothes creased. It's as if he's just had a fight with someone. Like we predicted, Pip approaches his locker.

Christophe then infiltrates. He charges towards Pip, pushing his into the locker just as Pip attempts to put in his combination. They slam into the lockers with a crash, a gasp erupting from Pip. With hands placed firmly at either side of his head, Pip turns around to face Christophe.

I hear a phrase in French as I swiftly walk over to the two, and then it happens. Glittering in the light, Christophe's dog tag and cross swing forward. Being heavier than the thin metal of the dog tag, the cross darts forward first. Due to the height difference, the metal connects with Pip's cheek.

That's when Pip screams.

My heart aches at hearing Pip scream, but it's what we needed to hear. The skin of his cheek bubbles disgustingly and I grimace. Then it burns, flashing red then fading to a thin, pink scar. Then Pip begins to struggle. He jerks violently, thrashing beneath Christophe and trying his best to stay out of the swinging cross's aim.

"Gregory!" Christophe calls me over as he attempts to restrain the blond. I rush over quickly, gripping Pip's wrist and slamming it against the lockers. I have to tell myself again and again that it's not Pip as I help Christophe restrain him.

"Stop struggling you wretched demon!" I shout, glaring at Pip.

This only caused him to struggle more. His hand breaks free of Christophe's  hold, and violently whacks against his jaw. The brunette's head whips to the side from the impact, but he manages to get his grip back. He slams Pip's wrist into the locker violently, causing the whole set of them to shake. You can hear books from inside falling from shelves.

A laugh then erupts from Pip. Anyone would expect a sinister and dark laugh, yet its light and full of humour.

"You can't do anything in school!" Pip exclaims, laughing even more as he ceases to struggle. Christophe growls, and reaches from the cross around his neck.

Then he gets struck again. Pip breaks his hand free again, only causing me to tighten my grip on Pip. However, he doesn't hit Christophe with the free hand. Instead, he kicks him harshly in the shin. With a groan of pain, the Frenchman managed to remain standing.

"I'm not going to let you scar Pip's pure face." He hisses, and Christophe takes hold of Pip once more.

I glare Pip. "He's not pure while your inside him!" I hiss. This only causes the demon to laugh, and I have to fight the urge to reach for my own cross as anger floods through my veins.

"This is definitely not the time for a sex joke," he begins, giggling. "But he'll be in pure bliss one I get inside him."

Without even thinking, I lash out. Striking Pip across the cheek, he doesn't even flinch. Guilt than assaults me, eating away as a mark in the shape of my hand slowly forms on Pip's left cheek. The hit opens up the pink scar from the cross, and a thin line of blood trickles from the wound.

Pip only shakes his head. "Abusive relationships." He mutters, then sighs. "Well, I'm bored!"

As if it was nothing, Pip shakes us both off of him. He pushed me off with such force, I fall to the floor. He chuckles, a simple 'oops' escaping his lips as he walks away.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mock exams are shit